New Nuwai .5 Watt 2AAA

junior

Enlightened
cool, im surprised other people have not replied to this yet!

Why do you guys think this unit is way cheaper than the 1AAA unit?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a bit of quizzing with Amondotech in another thread they replied:

[ QUOTE ]
AmondoTech said:
Hi all,

My name is Wayne in charge of AmondoTech Wholesale division. We have made a mistake by posting a new version of Nuwai 0.5W flashlights for $15.50.

Since we have made a mistake, we will honor it for 3 days. After 3 days, the price will go back it should be at $21.50. Even at $21.50 is a good price.

This flashlight will bear a Nuwai logo on it and including 2 AAA batteries. The AAA batteries are one time use.

Regards,
Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'all got three days to decide if you want the special Amondotech price. It was a no brainer for me...I bought two of them when I first got the Amondotech sale email this morning.

junior

Enlightened
even at 21.50, it is still way much cheaper than the 1AAA. What do you make of it?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 2AAA light is a bargain. It is like getting two 2AAA Lux-clone for the price of the single AAA version or the 2AAA is half the price of the single AAA. The AAA version should be brighter or run twice as long as the single AA. I'm gonna guess that the 2AAA is gonna be brighter. I have the single AA version and it is no slouch for lighting.

junior

Enlightened
i have no dought that the 2AAA will be either brighter or have longer runtime, its just that i am puzzled as to the big difference in price of the 2AAA vs 1AAA. It's like one get more light for less money. Maybe amondo tec will have the 1AAA soon at a price close to the 2AAA or lower.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way...I don't want to steal this thread but I thought I might add that as soon as I got the Amondotech email sale about the 2AA light then I inquired to Amondotech to see if they would/could or already have the single AAA .5 light. I also asked if they knew about the single AA version of the .5. I told them I know a lot of people that are interested in the other lights.

Other people could inquire too and Amondotech might get the idea to sell the other lights.

Back to your regularly scheduled 2AA .5 thread.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty simple, the price difference is the retailer. I was looking for KC-1'a and QIII's a few days ago, and the price's veried a good bit between one retailer mentioned, and other's. Since we have seen this from only two retailer's, that's the case. VDG

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered 4 of these lights to beat the price increase that should occurr tomorrow or Friday ($15.50 was a three day only price - see earlier post). I hope I like them. This is my 1st purchase from Amondo Tech. I chose the basic shipping, so I'm not expecting them until Monday or Tuesday (I'm in IL) I'm buying the 2AAA version in hopes that that I like it as well as most of you have liked the 1AAA version. I don't have the 1AAA version. I've been looking for a replacement for my Brinkmann Legend incan and this light is smaller and the output should be adequate (I don't expect the .5w LED output to be as high as the Legend, but I expect the beam to be smoother). My Costco 1w 2AA is too big to carry around all the time, though one of mine is very bright and white.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple of reasons I'm interested in the 2AA light.

A Luxeon type emitter is rare for an AAA or 2AAA light. Modders make them once in a while but those mods are rare because of the small space the parts have to be stuffed in. The .5 light is something you can buy off the Internet. An AAA Lux, even if it is a clone, is rare and a 2AAA Lux is also rare with power in it to make it brighter or run longer…or both!

The single AA lights give a very good beam for a small light; surprisingly bright. It has a good spot and a decent spill light. The nice spill light would be because of the deep dish reflector. The nice spot is because the .5's very small, smaller than a Lux III emitter, die. The die is hard to see beneath the frosted dome but it looks like it could be one half the size of the Lux III emitter. If the die in the .5 is smaller it would be a sharper point source of light coming from the emitter die. That would mean a decent spot light- brighter with more contrast and better to use in the dark. I don't expect a miracle beam from this light but I'm impressed with the decent beam for the size of the light.

When my 2AAA light comes in I'll do more investigating. I'm curious to see what difference the beam would be from, say, a Streamlight Jr.

And the AmondoTech price is very right! I couldn't resist their price. If they baited me they did well and we are both happy. I bought another QIII from their web site while I was buying the .5 2AAA.

I think tomorrow will be the last day they will honor their price for the 2AAA light.

AmondoTech is a good company to buy from. I done business with them before. Since I'm in the same state they are then I might get the 2AAA light tomorrow!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
haveblue, I look forward to your impressions of the 2AAA light. It will be interesting to see the comparison between the 1AAA and the 2AAA.

David

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, cheers to Amondo tech. They are friends to cpf.

I tested my aaa.5 X peak d'mo mod. The .5 appears to give off more light and is better focused due to the reflector. It really does give off a fine beam with few artifacts. Throws farther than a 5mm too.

That said, the .5 nuwai feels cheap. I don't have a QIII, hopefully that has better feel. For edc I would prefer something that feels more solid.

gorn

Enlightened
I arrived home a few minutes ago and found my package from Amondo Tech waiting. I got 2 of the 2AAA's. They are in a nice display package with panasonic batteries. Both lights are a lot brighter than their 1AAA little brothers.

The construction is as good as the 1AAA. The size is about 1 1 /2 times the 1 AAA. The tail cap is a little smaller and has a larger button on it. The head is longer than the 1AAA.

Both of the 2AAA's have fairly white beams although 1 is a little blue. These are keepers.

Thumbs up to Amondo Tech on these little devils.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Gorn--
Would you be so kind as to provide the approximate measurements of the 2-AAA Nuwai .5W flashlight, i.e. the diameter of the head area and the overall length?
I sounds like you are overall pleased with the flashlight!
Thanks for posting your thoughts.
Just to be sure, is this the URL for the flashlights that you are talking about: www.amondotech.com ?

gorn

Enlightened
Flashlike,

Yes that is the website. Yes I really like it.
diameter of the head is 3/4 inch.
overall length is 4 5/8 inch.

Now that it is dark here I like it even more. Quite an impressive little light.

Glenn

Enlightened
I just got through testing the four that I got this morning.
As gorn stated "It is an impressive little light."
I just checked the amondotech web site and they are now $21.50.
It is still a bargain at that price considering that the 1 cell is selling for more !
As usual with the luxeon lottery, all four are a little different:
One a little brighter than the rest.
One a little dimmer than the rest (but still good).
One has a warmer tint (more like the ARC 4 ) than the rest, THAT ONE IS THE USER !
I do not have the one cell to compare but it is bright for a penlight size light.
In fact it could be advertised as a penlight if not for the head being wider than the body.
The light output is ALMOST as bright as my ARC 4 on level 7. That was what I was hoping for.
My ARC 4 on level 7 meets 90% of my needs around the house.
This is the perfect "poking around the house light".
I am the one that stated that the Q3 is too bright (for inside the house).

One "strange" thing I have come across.
IT IS NOT AS BRIGHT WITH RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES as it is with the ones that come with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
My Streamlight Jr Luxeon is as bright or brighter on rechargeable as primary.
The regulation of this must not be as good as in the Streamlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Glenn