How many IIIa lasers are sold?

nestlequikus

Newly Enlightened
I'm just curious how many lasers are sold by places like Z-Bolt, Wicked Lasers, Jasper and AtlasNova. How many folks actually own green lasers? When I show off my Jasper most people have never seen anything like it.

Anyone have any idea on what the market size is?

liteglow

Enlightened
i dont think there is any numbers for that !
I you want to know, i think u must call CNI and the other manufactors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If i can guess... maybe 10.000 lasers ?

fusionman

Newly Enlightened
Not sure in terms of raw numbers, but I get the feeling the green lasers are considered niche items. Think back to when red pointers were rare and expensive. There were very few manufacturers of the red pointers, and they were more considered business/industrial items. It was also the same way as people had never seen any laser, much less one you could hold in your hand. The publicity recently will probably fuel demand though and i'm guessing that 532nm will dominate in popularity as the prices come down and technology improves. Unless of course some unforseen changes in laser laws occurs.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I remember back in the early-1990s when red laser pointers cost $400.00. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
The price really came down on those things. Now you can get them for $1 on Ebay or at the dollar store.

And in the mid-1990s, green laser pointers started showing up, costing $1,000.00 for a 1mW-3mW unit. Now you can buy them for approximately $50.

sbk

Newly Enlightened
If I remember, Atlasnova said that he had a peak sale of over 800 pointers just in one month... It can be a full time job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened
I thought that he moved that many in a week? i can't remeber...... maybe it was a month....... Damn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened
These sound like the types of questions asked by media trolls.

"Hot off the presses-- Internet sales of laser pointers peaked at over 800 this week for many online retailers. Stay tuned for more laser hysteria! <Obligatory use of terrorist here>"

DaFiend

Enlightened
Hmmmm. I this guy has another 2 posts that maybe you should read. I i honestly don't think ths guy is from the media.

Though, If some one was actually from the media, it would be nice for them to let us actually know (i know that it would never happen, sneaky buggers), so that the responsible users of lasers that frequent this forum can actually have a say. Instead of just taking quotes from the "randoms" that stumble onto CPF, have something stupid to say and never to be seen again.........

CPF member: CNNGUY would be nice........ but never happen.

Bond007

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Gabriel said:
Raccoon has a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened
Sorry if it came across like that. I was just pointing (no pun intended) out that i dont think think nestlequikus is from any media. And that with all the media hype, they only report on what they want to, and not have any real input from the people that actually use lasers responsibly.........

Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
No problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif , just reminding us of our good manners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard