Original Inova X5 Questions

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi folks I've acquired a Inova x5 lately (the original one w/o the tail cap button) and just love it! But there is only one thing that makes me ponder, though. It is when I need to turn it on, its head need to get almost a 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 revolution to be on, which nearly expose the o-ring to the elements. Do your x5's need to turn that much to be on as well? If so have you find any way to tackle the problem? Also, I've noticed that some of the 'classic' x5's bottoms have the inscriptions of 'Inova TM patents pending' while some of them do not. Just wondering what's the story behind it. Thanks a lot.

Anyhow, just my opinion that I simply love the original x5 more than the x5-t. The tail cap button is useful but to me I do prefer the original x5 which has an all metal exterior. It just looks and feels better and sturdier to me.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 old style X5's and they're all like that. This "problem" can easily be resolved by shortening the brass "rod" that contacts the battery. Be careful, I've heard that if you shorten it too much the light will not turn off, and may not work with some brands of batteries that stack up shorter than average.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 2 off positions on this light. One is where the head is nearly unscrewed. The other is where the head is nearly all the way down. Make sure you're useing the correct "off" before you modify it. TX