My Photon Fusion keeps turning itself off

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I lost the instructions and I forgot how to program it to stay on. Anybody know?

Thanks,
Brightnorm

Gandalf

Enlightened
The Fusion has more modes than you really need; dimming is useful, but 3 flashing modes? Hardly
twak.gif

But then, I can't find my instructions, either....

Anyway, the Fusion has a 'battery check' mode that turns the light off after a period of time; the shorter the time, the lower the battery power. Sounds like you are in that mode.

If you hold down the right side of the switch, the Fusion cycles through the modes; after the last flashing mode, it begins to brighten; as it does, it has a *very* brief blink; if you let go of the switch after this, you are in battery check mode, as you are now. But if you continue to hold down the switch, the light blinks again, briefly, then stays on a few seconds. If you let it blink, and then let go of the switch, you are in full power mode; likely the one you use the most. If you press the right switch, again, it shuts the light off. Pressing the right switch again turns the light back on in the full power mode. Press the left side of the button, and you go into 'hyperbright' mode; a 20% increase in output, but cuts the burn time in half. HTH

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Then, if you hold down the left side of the switch for 3 seconds, then let it go and quickly hold down on it for another 2 seconds....only then can you click your ruby slippers together 3 times and chant "There's no place like home"....and before you know it, you're back in Kansas again. Wait a second.....is that what you asked?....I got confused.

I was thinking about buying one of these lights but thought it would be easier if i just went to school with Jethro and became a brain surgeon or a double naught spy. Sheesh.
rolleyes.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
Originally posted by Light-Headed:
Then, if you hold down the left side of the switch for 3 seconds, then let it go and quickly hold down on it for another 2 seconds....only then can you click your ruby slippers together 3 times and chant "There's no place like home"....and before you know it, you're back in Kansas again. Wait a second.....is that what you asked?....I got confused.

I was thinking about buying one of these lights but thought it would be easier if i just went to school with Jethro and became a brain surgeon or a double naught spy. Sheesh.
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's not that bad. 99% of the time, you just use the full power mode. It's the same functions that a Photon 3 has, except for the 'hyperbright' mode.

Would that explain why you're still using a Commodore 64?
grin.gif

Just kidding. I can remember playing with a friend's Commodore 64. It was interesting, but bsically didn't really *DO* anything that seemed useful. I can't remember what they cost, though.

But just to keep things in perspective, in 1985, at work we bought the first Macintosh. No hard drive. Single sided floppy disks; 350K. We bought the memory upgrade, to 512K, and a real luxury: an external floppy drive, so we could copy disks and programs, etc. With a printer, (and it was a pretty nice printer; it would do grapics, etc., in B&W), it cost $1500. That's what? about $3500 in today's dollars? Think what $3500 would buy in today's computer market. A 2 gigahertz Pentium 4 processer. A gig of RAM, A DVD burner. How big is the biggest hard drive? Have they gotten to about 150 gigabytes, now? Plus everything else you could possibly want.
cool.gif

Light-Headed

Enlightened
smile.gif
I actually still have my old Commodore 64 somewhere at my parents house in storage. And you're right, it didn't do much. I mostly played games on mine with the seperate 5-1/4" floppy disk drive. I think the computer itself cost a couple of hundred bucks (but I really don't remember.....it could have been more than that). I did a little programming on it just goofing around, but nothing big.

My brother still has his old TI 99/4A. For those of you wondering, that was a Texas Instruments brand 99/4A computer. It didn't do much either.
grin.gif
He also still has his old Apple IIe with the green display monitor.

I even still have my old Atari 2600 and Colecovision somewhere at my parents house. It's amazing how fast the technology is growing.

Did this thread use to be about a light or something? WTF?
grin.gif

chanik

Newly Enlightened
The main reason for the 1 minute timeout/battery check mode is for transport: If the button gets hit in your backpack accidentally, you won't kill the batteries. In the latest rev of the fusion the left button when held also gives you a ramped up red light. It's like a sauce lightwand with secret modes and such.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a TI 99/4 BEFORE the "a" was added;) It didn't do much either, but I enjoyed it. Had some good games. Mine had a bad power supply and if you ran it for more than 20 minutes or so it would freeze from over heating. I actually kept an ice pack on it while I was using it!

Perhaps ice would be a good heat sink for luxeons?

I no longer have the 99/4, don't know what happened to it. But it was replaced by an apple ][e which I do still have in a box somewhere. My sister has my Mac+ with it's 68040 upgrade card and hard drive. I'm trying to get it back to turn it into a macuarium;) It still works, so I can't quite bring myself to gut it.

Umm, fusion, right, great light, perhaps I'll get one of those too.

-James