Sidekick 2

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure if any of you guys watch tv, you may of seen a comemrcial of snoop dog a rapper using a portable wireless computer to instant message folks on what amount of butter or soap to add to his cloths. I see aol will give you the device and 25 bucks for a two year subscribption and for 30 bucks a month you get unlimited web, email and instant messenging.

I was wondering if anyone have used it or what they think. I now work as an operator for an insurance company and although I can use the computer for news, email, etc the software blocks the screen when someone calls and its a rather boring repetative job. I did a brief search for a text pager to receive news, but that search did not find much as far as plans or not to get text to your pager by news other than they run 20 bucks for new models. I do not have a handy dandy fancy phone, just a trac wireless one and installing a news ticker to the computer is out of the question.

Short of using my palm 3c to read yesterdays news with avantgo, do they make a cheap wireless news ticker, text pager or something?