Thor Spotlight vs Humvee Searchlight

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everybody,

I am curious to know if the Thor Spotlight and Humvee Searchlight are the same light just re-badged. Other then color they look very similar, though I am going by pictures on boxes from different stores and web sites. If anybody can shed some light on this subject (excuse the pun) I would greatly appreciate it.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not 100% sure, but some of the people here have mentioned a more pure and clear beam (less disturbences in the light beam) coming from the black kind. I would guess a different reflector. Other then that, they are identical. And the color of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
I am not 100% sure, but some of the people here have mentioned a more pure and clear beam (less disturbences in the light beam) coming from the black kind. I would guess a different reflector. Other then that, they are identical. And the color of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. The Humvee sells for $59.00 at Fry's so I got the Thor for $24.95 at Costco today.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
my black thor did have a lot better beam than my
orange one.

but I bought a 9 watt 12 volt compact florescent bulb.
and after seperating the actual bulb from the 12 volt ballast I cut a hole in the reflector and I mounted the bulb verticaly as close to the front lens as I could.

I used the orange light's reflector as practice