Modify 5mw new model Leadlight

uncleworm

Newly Enlightened
Hi all laserlovers,

I've a question about the new model Leadlight.
How do you modify them? They have a Feedback LDR.
I've read different story's about them.
Is the normal potmod possible at the new models
when you first cut the wires of feedback LDR?

When you cut the wires, is there still a difference
between the old and the new model?
With the old model you could get 380 mA with the podmod.
Are these values the same with the new model?

And is stage 2 of this guide also possible on
the new models? Link

The last question:
How powerfull is the diode on the new model?
Is it 200 or 500mW ? Or is the old model 500mW and the new 200mW

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Im developing an idea to put a objest in the midle of the APC feedback. This object would block some of the laser beam and the APC would "think" tha there is lesser output and increase the output more.

Im not sure would this work though.

Could alos sombody reply my post about modding leadlight?

Thnx
Krešo

Enigmahack

Newly Enlightened
the only flaw that I can see is that the device that is reflecting would have to reflect LESS of the beam - problem is how do you do that? You'd have to replace the mirror. If you put something in the way that will stop the reflection, then you're risking blocking the actual output beam and there's no gain there either.

I'd need one to look at personally, and although I see what you're trying to do with this, what about the ones that have completely removed the aperature that reflects light alltogether? It doesn't keep heightening the output until it burns out - there's got to be some sort of damper or threshold that would limit the total output somewhere.

I think it's going to be far more complicated than it needs to be, but that's just my 2c

LaserMod

Enlightened
I have a resistor modification...but still developing - will keep the forum posted on my results - so far 450ma is reachable...but a little unstable.

The feedback assembly should be left in place.

sbk

Newly Enlightened
Or try simply to add a resistor at the output of the feedback, so the feedback current (or voltage, didn't know how it works) will be less than in reality, and the circuit will increase the power to the diode?

Gabriel

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to point out that simply cutting the wires of the LDR would reduce resistance to 0, and would be the easiest way to deal with this.

~Gabriel

LaserMod

Enlightened
Yeah but you want to keep the feedback circuit...it's needed to keep stable output since there is no longer an IC.

My mod leaves the FM untouched... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

uncleworm

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LaserModifier said:
Yeah but you want to keep the feedback circuit...it's needed to keep stable output since there is no longer an IC.

My mod leaves the FM untouched... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I understand the problem.
In the old model a IC keep the power stable and in the
new models this is replaced whith a feedbacksystem.
So just cutting the wires is not a smart idea.

How powerfull is the IR-diode on the new and the old models?
Is it 200 of 500mW ?

LaserMod

Enlightened
I have found a GPL-110 with a 200mw and another had a 350mw in it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll post info as soon as I get another 110 to try it out...I have successfully knackered 2 already then the LED blew just...as I said 450ma so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JS_Bell

Newly Enlightened
Where are you getting the new 110 model? All I can find are the GPL-105's

CHP

Newly Enlightened
If anyone has a dead one that they are willing to part with, I'll trace the circuit like I did for the previous models and come up with a simulation. I can't do it completely fom pictures since the circuit board has some blind vias and I really need a meter to beep out some traces. Since some of the types of transistors are unknown, I'll have to test to determine what type they are.