Just ordered my leadlight from arnold!

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just ordered my leadlight from arnold so it should be here on thursday. It's only a 5mw unless arnold threw in a more powerful one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif . I was wondering if I'll be able to see the beam easily in the dark. I've been looking for 5mw pictures but I can't find any so any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw, Thanks arnold for the business. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. I'm also new to these particular forums. I've been on Green Laser Forums for a couple of days.

-Burt aka Sean

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
lol, smart a$$. I hope you know who I'm talking about which you probably do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Congratulations, Burt, and welcome to CPF!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif BTW, your user name is fashizzle!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
How bright will the beam be? I just want to be able to see it at dark. Maybe I'll try my hand at modding it. I just don't know.

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
ok, thanks. I'm thinking I'll be modding it with the pot and resistors. I want to get as much power as possible.:D

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Depends on how much dust and/or humidity is in the air. In fairly dry and clean air you'll see the beam faintly in the dark. With almost any amount of schmutz in the air the visibility will increase considerably.

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
I believe he does sell to Europe. His lasers go from about $80 up to alot more for higher powered ones. www.abeland1.com is his website. He's got some nice lasers. I ordered from him because I trust that he goes through and makes shure that they are at least 5mw. I also asked him for a 10+mw because that's what I was told to do if I was a member of the forums. Who knows if he did or not though.

DaFiend

Enlightened
I think your plans are for modification aren't they? i think you posted that before. Arnold <font color="red"> seriously </font> doesn't want/like people to mod his leadlights...........

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
I know that, but I think I'm going to anyways :/ I wasn't planning to at first but I think I will. I'll have to see if I want to or not. I just want a bright beam, thats all. I just trust him more than vital spirit and other people.

wintermute

Enlightened
Well, Arnold said that he might put a drop of superglue on the button to prevent people from modding his lights, so you may be outta luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
Dang, it might be $87 down the drain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Although I think I might be able to get it off even with superglue. I've done it before with other things. Even if I have to drill off the button. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

waspfarmer

Newly Enlightened
Posted here to try n keep things tidy. I just this moment ordered a wickedlasers nebulus. I'm just busting, and only you guys/girls can identify in my lonely, dull, insignificant, vacuous excuse for a life! (Actually my life is rather exciting). I'm a newb to lasers, but I am well aware of the danger and will use this laser safely and responsibly. I intend to experiment with daytime photography (digital&film) and determine a compact pointer's ability to highlight various terrain in pictures from various distances. I'm also interested in useing a much less powerful pointer as a signalling device. Tests will be seat-of-the-pants and only to satisfy my own curiosity as to the practicle use of these devices for my purposes. I'll also have some great indoor personal entertainment! What do you use your pointes for and what can I expect from ~60Mw?

Burt_Gummer

Newly Enlightened
This isn't the place to post this. Create a new thread. Anyways, 60 mw is more than most of us have. It can burn black plastic and the beam is very visible at night and the dot is clearly seen during daytime.