anyone here experiment with red lasers?

shimmeringtrance

Newly Enlightened
hi everyone, i'm new here but have been reading this forum for several weeks. lot's of great info here and seems like many other people that are as fascinated with lasers as i am. i was just wondering if any of you like to experiment with red lasers? i know the green ones are all the rage right now due to their more visible beam, but i like the red ones as well. i was thinking of buying a small 5mw one from meredith instruments and maybe getting a set of lenses or prisms to pay around with. anyone else done/doing this? all experiences and suggestions welcome.
also, i appologise in advance if this subject is covered in another thread.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
shimmeringtrance said:
hi everyone, i'm new here but have been reading this forum for several weeks. lot's of great info here and seems like many other people that are as fascinated with lasers as i am. i was just wondering if any of you like to experiment with red lasers? i know the green ones are all the rage right now due to their more visible beam, but i like the red ones as well. i was thinking of buying a small 5mw one from meredith instruments and maybe getting a set of lenses or prisms to pay around with. anyone else done/doing this? all experiences and suggestions welcome.
also, i appologise in advance if this subject is covered in another thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with red, near-IR and IR laser diodes. Been working on some FSO communications projects using them. I've bought a number of the Sharp LTO22 series from them and other sources; they're a good, rugged near-IR diode at 780nm, inexpensive and not as static sensitive as some of the shorter-wavelength LDs.

I've bought from Meredith before - great bunch of guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif