Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
Too good to be true?

Pablo

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
Brought to you by the same kind of sleezeballs that make stickers to put on the back of your cellphone to extend the range or protect you from radiation. BTW, they work equally well against vampires.

cy

Flashaholic
how can they make such bald-face claims and get away with it? who wants to sign up for a free sample for reviews.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Doug S said:
[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
Too good to be true?

Pablo

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
Brought to you by the same kind of sleezeballs that make stickers to put on the back of your cellphone to extend the range or protect you from radiation. BTW, they work equally well against vampires.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ward off Vampires?!?!!?!? COUNT ME IN!!!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
These guys claim that with a sticker they extend Li-Ion battery cells. Too good to be true?

BatMax Technology

[/ QUOTE ]

But.....but.... EVERY ricer knows that by adding stickers to your ride you can increase its horsepower! For every 2 or 3 stickers bearing brand names of famous racing parts, you can actually gain something like 10-15 horsepower without even buying the parts themselves!!

if u hav surefier or streamlite stickerz plz pm me cuz i want to put them on my mag lite!!$#*(!@!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Tweek

Enlightened
Heh, look at their pictures, they can't even tell which way current flows, or which end is the cathode (negative)!

File this in the same category as $750 power cords that make your music sound better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the cell phone antenna sticker was a passive inductor which I heard works on analog, but not digital phones?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
male bovine defecatory residue.
the pics of plates/seperators and explanations were not only for nickle based batts but lifted from somewhere else.
now if a can just remembber where i first saw those pics and warn the owners that a snake oil salesman is using them..

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe the sticker says on it "turn off your device when you are not using it".. thereby.. extending the battery life. a sucker born every minute it sounds like.

I will make a note regarding Tweek's comment about $750 audio cords.. wrong comparison.. i've done studies and A-B comparisons.. i've also gone through multiple steps of upgrading.. and never expected anywhere near as big of a difference, but there always was more than i expected.

There is real science behind it to back up why audio cable sound different.

That said.. if you can't hear the difference, it's pointless to buy it.. i've always bought my more expensive cables on a 100% satisfaction guarantee.. 30 day trial sort of thing..

I do have a 600W/ch main amp that really knows how to push the limits of audio, and i've done direct a-b comparisons with basic cables and my high-end stuff and most people with good hearing in both ears can easily tell the difference.

Ok.. went and checked out batmax site.. and laughed out loud literally when i read 'affects through the cell's wall'.. a passive device that can pull that off.. definitely sounds like snake oil..

Well i'd like to see some 3rd party independent review.. just like the concept of the speaker wires.. once i mentioned to a good bud about how wires can be made so that the high frequencies and low frequencies will go through the cable at the same speed because high frequencies tend to travel on the skin of a conductor and lows go through the center. He looked at me like i was on crack (which haddn't been invented yet).. but let it slide..

Two days later he called me up to say in his ham radio books he just found out that the skin effect is an important consideration due to the frequencies involved.. So.. it's impossible to know if it really is snake oil no matter how crazy it sounds.

If i said that Mr Al accidentally invented a driver that manages to keep the light output constant even though the current changes a fair amount, it sounds crazy, but that's what the meter says when i measure it.. ****oo ****oo :-D

If they are cheap get some, try it.. post the results, if they are bunk it will surprise nobody.. if they aren't bunk, a bunch of use wiseguys can eat some crow.

-awr

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked for samples, and they said yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it seems they want distributors here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrAl/Newbie/DougS are my prime candidates to receive one of my samples, are you interested?

Pablo

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
They sell these 'devices' here in central Europe now for a while and tehre are two things to say about:
1. The quoted Japanese university people could never been found
2. One of the companies selling it was tracked down to a well known 'snake oil seller' who has a good record for several similar cases.