Day 1 from the 2005 SHOT Show

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
PocketLights.com is attending the 2005 SHOT Show. I updated the PocketLights.com Blog with news on:
<ul type="square">
[*]the Proton from LRI
[*]Self-Powered LED Flashlights from Freeplay
[*]Inova T4 and T5 Flashlights
[*]Pak-Lite 9 volt LED flashlight
[/list]
I will update the PocketLights.com Blog this evening with more info on new products Pelican, Nite Ize, LongBow and Ombu.

billgr

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the first looks on these lights

question: if the pak light is on the battery, is there an off switch--or do you have to take it off the 9 volt to turn it off?

will you be carrying it?

thanks.........Bill

K-T

*Moderator*
Could it be that there were some selfpowered winding LED lights like that Freeplay before - I could bet that I have seen one at a friends house. I didn't check the brand though. For it's size it made wonderful free white light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Radagast

Enlightened
I was very impressed and grateful for your coverage last year and am looking forward to 2005's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Wow! The T4 and T5 look very interesting!

Thanks for the coverage. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the LongBow update mentioned above.

OddOne

Enlightened
Anyone using a Lamina BL-series LED in anything yet? I have a BL-3000 on order and plan evil things with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oO

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
billgr said:
question: if the pak light is on the battery, is there an off switch--or do you have to take it off the 9 volt to turn it off?

will you be carrying it?

[/ QUOTE ]
You do not have to detach the Pak-Lite to turn it off. The Pak-Lite has an on/off switch. Pushing the switch to the left turns on the high beam. Pushing the switch to the right turns on the low beam. Moving the switch to middle turns it off.

I plan on selling the Pak-Lite. I should have the Pak-Lites in stock in about a week.

wquiles

Flashaholic
For the price, the T5 could be a GREAT value for a 3xcell LED light. Even if we assume that it will not be right at 100 lumens, it could be comparable to the L6 which is at least twice as expensive.

Will

Mark2

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wquiles said:
... Even if we assume that it will not be right at 100 lumens, it could be comparable to the L6 which is at least twice as expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The runtime and the similar TIROS optic suggest that the T5 uses a Luxeon III just like the T3, therefore I wouldn't expect the output to rival the L6. In terms of throw, it might beat the L6 though.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
dsl said:
The proton looks great. I want one. will you be selling them? How long is it?
And thanks for sharing

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with dsl and want one of those Protons. Can't wait for summer to buy one. I think it's gonna be a hot seller!