Orion has moved!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have been in a small house with the following stats:

About 1,100 sq. ft., made in mid 20th century. Rectangle shape.
1 car garage.
1 bathroom [my apartment bathroom was bigger].
2 1/2 bedrooms [one is too small to be called a bedroom].
Small kitchen. [My apartment kitchen was just as big].
Rather small living room.

Going to:

1700 sq. ft., new house.
3 car garage.
2 full baths [both of good size].
3 bedrooms [including Master Bedroom/Master Bath, walkin closet].
Large kitchen [at least twice the size].
A dining room.
A good sized living room with gas fireplace.

It has that 'old english' looking front with the rustic brick and light colored stones at the upper corners. 18" tile in kitchen, front door way, laundry room, and bathrooms. Deck on the back.

Our previous house had those 'gum ball' trees in front and back, and all year around, they drop those spiney things all over the ground. They get in the gutters and it is a major pain in the butt to clean them out. Our dogs, at night, retire to the garage [so they don't bother neighbors with their barking] and when they're in there, they don't always 'hold their business', and my wife has to manuever around them to get to her car. Also, our current bedroom has a full size bed in it. A larger bed wouldn't really fit too well in there.

Now, being a new house with a third car section, I had the builder put up a wall between the two car section and the third. This will be for the dogs, plus lawn mower, ladder, tools, stuff like that. So the place where our cars will go [I'm so happy to have a garage for my car too now] will be clean! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, in the new Master Bedroom, we are getting a King size bed [the old bedroom only had a full], and we'll have a little more room on either side of the bed with the king than our other bedroom had with the full!

We have already started moving boxes over, and this coming weekend, we'll complete the move with a U-Haul. Then we'll have to fix up the old house and sell it. It's all very exciting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I know what you are feeling Orion. We moved from a nearly 2000 SF house to live in my dads house (and me in a 26' travel trailer) for more than a month.

We will start moving Friday or so to a nearly 2000 SF place on 2.5 acres with a 3 car garage!!!

And it will be MINE (and the banks!)

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, you are talking about yourself. I thought you meant the constellation! I wondered why I didn't see anything about it on the Drudge Report. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Orion & PBJS
More space for a flashaholic garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif eluminator

Yeah, I think the news would have had something about the Orion Constellation moving. hehehehe

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to keep this thread on the topic of it's title:

One of the great pyramids in Egypt has a light shaft in it that points directly to one of the belt stars in Orion. At least it used to, but over the last 5000 years, the star has moved a bit, so it no longer lines up.

This is just some useless trivial information for you to file away, just as I have.

BTW, congrats on your new digs.