Surefire L1 question

Lumen

Newly Enlightened
I have a surefire L1 and I was just wondering if there is anything I can "add" onto it to make it a little bit brighter, or focus the hotspot a little tighter. Where can I find such products if there is any?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on your L1. Did you just get it brand new? On the back page of your instruction pamphlet, does it say that the L1 is brighter than an E2e, C2, 6P, etc (mine did)?

My new L1 is a great light. I'm very happy with the two levels of output and the beam just the way it is. I'd like to get one with a blue LED just like it.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you are looking for a Lux upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If it is a new style and already has the HD (the beam is a square in a circle) the next step is either a reflector instead of the optic or a Lux III with reflector or optic.

Overall the L1 is a great little light, and one of my favorites.

-Mike

rifle59

Newly Enlightened
I like my L1 too. The low is great for walking around the house/hunting lodge at night. Why not get an L2 instead of modding the L1. An extra light is always handy-the high beam on the L2 is bright.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Second the vote for getting an L2. It's a very versatile little light. Low is bright enough most of the time, but when you absolutely, positively have to have a wall of light, you've got one.