• Modded HID Thor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UK Light Cannon 10w HID

• Modded M*g 10w HID

• Kumkang 35w HID

• Surefire Beast 35w HID (BP or reg. reflector)

• Kenrad PSL 35w HID

• Crocodile I 35w HID

• Crocodile II 35w HID

• Sway's Lightforce Blitz 35/50w HID

• Kenrad UDL 35w HID

• Maxabeam

• Megaray

• Total voters

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay,

This is the second HID poll I've done, but I forgot some things last time so I am doing another one. This time it's The Official HID Poll. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As was before, if you own the light but still like it more than any of the other choices, vote for that light. For this poll, forget that you own any of these and just pick your favorite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I am not including Nikola Tesla's favorite ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) HID light because it is on the verge of not being portable. Not that it isn't portable at all, but you would have to be a pretty strong person to carry that thing around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I do love that 300 million CP Spectrolab light though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Also, if I forgot anything else, just shoot me now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

Okay, here it is:

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please post what you voted for. Just for the act of conversation and to see who voted for what. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me: the Maxabeam of coarse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I really do like the SF Beast though. It's just so damn tough. I also would like an X990, Havis-Shields (which I have), Sway's light, and the Kumkang.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not telling and you can't make me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif
Maxabeam.gif

Later
Kelly

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto but only because of the electronically adjustable beam (nice novelty) and the fact that I think it would be a RRPITA to swap out batts in the Beast so often, even if price was no issue.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sway said:
I'm not telling and you can't make me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif
Maxabeam.gif

Later
Kelly

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm.....I wonder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Oh no!!! the Beast is in the lead!!! I meeeeeeaaaaannn, this is going to be close /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheQase

Newly Enlightened
since the money is no issue, i voted the megaray. Brighter and throws further. why not?

Last poll i voted the x990, so that would come in second.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Megaray, although from the Kenshiro superlight pics, the MB still throws farther. MR has more output and the optical focusing helps eliminate the donut hole.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm voting for the Thor HID again beause being a custom light it could have a 100W bulb or more in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

35W is for wussies! :p

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone has gotta build and manufacture 100watt HID bulbs (that aren't HUGE) to put in portable lights. Can you imagine something more than twice as powerful as Sway's modded Lightforce!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

theepdinker

Enlightened
Have a Thor HID.
I voted for the Maxabeam.
It has to be something I can use at work & offer more than my Thor.
Boy could I USE a Maxabeam.

Theepdinker

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxabeam baby!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shane

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay!!!!!! The Maxabeam takes 2nd place!!!!! (not to far behind the Beast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Not that I'm hoping the Maxabeam wins or anything....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif

Andreas

Enlightened
I voted for the MegaRay. Boy do I want one. The Beast is running a very close second at less than half the cost though. MaxaBeam probably the most realistic of all considering cost and performance.

Andreas

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chevrofreak,

There are no 100 watt HID bulbs (BUT, a 35 watt HID is about 175 watt Halogen). Aircraft landing lights go to about 1,000 watts and clearly are the way to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, especially if properly OVER-driven.

With respect to practicality, the 35 watt HID lights are the best option. Maxabeam does not have the lumen output, it's 75 watts are about half of a 35 watt HID as far as lumens go. So, probably the x990 is the most practical, since it's rechargeable and focusable. BUT, this was a no cost limits choice, so MEGARAY!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. I want some one to make a 100watt HID bulb though.

Could you imagine that?!?!? Somewhere around 9000 lumens focused into a pencil beam!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Wow. I'm getting to excited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

java_man

Newly Enlightened
125W and up short-arc metal halide are made by GE, Philips and Osram for stage lighting, these are very compact and powerful lamps...an HMI123 osram puts out 8,500 lumens from a tiny 4mm arc..the tough part is finding economical power supplies

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, yup, not too many 100 watt plus lights designed to run at 12 volts. Maybe we need to make a 4 headed 35 watt HID light, that's 12,ooo lumens focused into 4 relatively thin beams?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you grouped 4 35watters together in the center of 1 reflector, do you think it would get to hot? I might wanna try that.