ArmyTek

View Poll Results: Which thickness should I get?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Havis-Shields 35w HID

2 2.13%
  • X990 35w HID

7 7.45%
  • Dragon I 35w HID

2 2.13%
  • Modded HID Thor

2 2.13%
  • UK Light Cannon 10w HID

0 0%
  • Modded M*g 10w HID

10 10.64%
  • Kumkang 35w HID

8 8.51%
  • Surefire Beast 35w HID (BP or reg. reflector)

21 22.34%
  • Kenrad PSL 35w HID

0 0%
  • Crocodile I 35w HID

0 0%
  • Crocodile II 35w HID

0 0%
  • Sway's Lightforce Blitz 35/50w HID

4 4.26%
  • Kenrad UDL 35w HID

2 2.13%
  • Maxabeam

19 20.21%
  • Megaray

17 18.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HID Poll #2 (revised a bit)

Default Re: HID Poll #2 (revised a bit)

If you are handing them out to us Baker, than it's a Megaray.

If I have to buy it myself than it would be a [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]......Maxasomething [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

WooHooo!!!!!!!! MaxaBeam and Beast tied for the lead!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Raybo said:
    If you are handing them out to us Baker, than it's a Megaray.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe. Don't you wish [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (me too!!)

Beast?

PFFFT! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif[/img]

What is that supposed to mean? Did I miss something? or are you just mad that the Beast isn't ahead of every other light now?

Flashaholic*

why the beast is not the brightest and 20 cr123 per charge ouch I bet my hid vector is brighter and has more throw.

my hid vector weighs under 4 pounds and runs for 1hr 20 minutes or so on it's internal nimh battery.

but my hid vector would not survive being thrown way into the air and crashing in to the ground.

I have dropped it a few times - grandpa uses it and he dropped it and kicked it by mistake - no problems yet.

still if I had the money I would buy a beast to have in my collection.

wow what a long bump.

mega ray all the way

I can't wait any more my Maxabeam Deluxe is coming tommorrow. I have a HS HID on order and have the Vector power pack to run it. Then I will give you my thoughts on Maxabeam vs X990 vs HS HID. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The HS + Vector power pack= super deal= $230 brand new with warranty. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I see Maxabeam as winner but shootout/test will tell... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

NikolaTesla

HID forever--- An Arc IS the spark the lights the dark... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Nikki,

Do I hear a rumble brewing, if so I will take the Maxa Beam as the "Da' Throw Daddy" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Later
    Kelly

Flashaholic*

I can not pick a winner in presidential elections
    or spotlights

oh well

a mega ray out throw's a maxa beam I think

Markdi, actually, the MaxaBeam outthrows the Megaray by a tiny bit. Although it is more powerful and everything technically seems that it would throw further, it doesn't. Unfortunatly Kenshiro's website no longer has the pictures, but he says he's updating it or something. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

Nikola, I highly await the arrival of your MaxaBeam!!!!!!!!!! You must post pics!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Good luck with the HS. I have one and love it. It does put out less light than the X990, but I really like how light and manuverable it is.(Did I spell that right??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img])Anyway, it is a great little spotlight and I think you will really like it.

On with the war!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Raybo said:
    Beast?

PFFFT! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! geez I'm slow. Sorry [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

MB,

I agree with you assesment of ihe MB, I too thought it outthrew the MR, although, like everybody likes to say "it has more useable sidespill, blah blah blah"-,...yippee.

NT,

Your MB will whoop-arse on the HID's you selected (even the Thor HID whoops my X990). The MB needs to challenged, like with the HID throw champion, the 240 Blitz. Plus, when you fire it up, you will wonder to yourself, "hmm, this thing has about the same output as my magcharger, what's the big deal." Then you'll focus it into a little laser beam of light, and then you'll get "hypnotized,..."

Hmmmmm.....Blitz is HID throw champ......I don't think so [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Remember, the MB and MR are HID.

BUT, that is the metal hilide HID champ. Gotta love it!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"usable sidespill, blah blah blah,- yippee" DITTO!!! If you want sidespill go buy a Thor [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

MB and MR are short arc, the other HIDs are "salted" and more of a gas ball. The true short arc is about 1/7 as efficient as the HIDs and has low lumens, even less than the 100 watt Vector.

xenon short arc lamps and lights are HID. The metal salts in the ball area are to help conduct the electricity through the arc which give metal hilide bulbs their efficiency and brigtness.

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! JUST REALIZED THAT THE MAXABEAM TAKES THE LEAD AND THE BEAST IS NOW TIED WITH THE MEGARAY FOR SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (a bit late though).

Go MaxaBeam. Go MaxaBeam. Go MaxaBeam!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(I'll go calm down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif[/img])

The Maxa came tonite. Man does it through!. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I had my police friends over and it smoked their squad car lights! Its kinda heavy but sure works cool. The spot is way more focused than X990 ( i have to work on pictures) but the X990 njust floods area with a LOT of light. I don't have the HS yet to do comparison. I did try the Mini Hid and UKE LC100 against it. The miniHid throws real good to but is obviously not as bright. Its better than LC100. So its hard to vote but here's mine now:
    1) MaxaBeam- best distance, VERY white. Runs Cool- no heat
    2) X990, Best Flood, Best deal for package/ $ per lumen.
    3) Mini HID - real good throw, fits in pocket- Made like Rolex- very cute and high quality.
    4) UKE LC100 HID- Best dive light for money- very waterproof if needed in bad weather. More of a flood than spot unlike MiniHid which shines further.
    #1 & #2 hard to compare. I am keeping both as favorites.
    But then again......MiniHID fits in coat pocket.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NikolaTesla [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tom...ab&.src=ph

Very tough choice. All neat. i'm

Yeah, the MaxaBeam throws. It's a 1-2 degree beam when fully focused I belive. Lights crap up a mile and a half away (including low lieing clouds). Pretty damn cool (note my username).

The HS throws a very slight bit further than the X990 I believe but the lack of lumens is apperant in photos.

Agree with you about the UK LC. It is a flood HID light. It has a hotspot, but not a very definitive one. Besides that, my first one was broken (flickering, strobing), and my new one flickers slightly and is very dim compared to my old one with brand new batteries. I am dissapointed with it to tell the truth. I'm sending it back AGAIN and asking for a refund. I'll spend my $160 on a different, brighter HID light. That 70watt HID bulb from Pyramid Technologies looks pretty sweet. Do I hear Thor mod? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

oh well some one has to vote for the under dog

megaray all the way

megaray sounds kooler than maxa beam

Underdog, wouldn't that be the Kenrad, Crocodiles, and UK LC??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I agree. Mega Ray does sound cooler. Problem is it sounds fake. When I try to tell someone about the MegaRay and then tell them the price they don't believe that their is such a light. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif[/img]

Hey my LC 100 blew up to (Smoke inside it) but they fixed it under warranty. I did have it on for 1 hour not under water so it got to hot with NiMh 5000 Mah cells...Bummer.

I will put HS side by side with MAXA and X990 to see..
    Doubt if is as good but for less than $200... It will probably win the $$$/Lumen award. $22 for Vector 12 volt power cube..... I am waiting......
    I traded a Ken-Rad for the Maxabeam- seems to be OK deal...

MaxaBaker, how much voltage do you have on your Maxabeam batteries when they are fully charged? You got a meter?
    Just check across pins on rear... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Eh' I voted for the KenRad I just like that little light If you are looking for a light that has true crushing throw and withering out put you may want to look at one of the lights that didnít get a lot of votes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif[/img]

Your just have to trust me on this one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Later
    Kelly

Flashaholic*

MB,

Yes, the short arc and 35 auto HID are both HID, but it's like saying Edison's first light was a Surefire. The designs are much different. Yup, they were both incandescents.

Sway,

Hmm, sounds interesting, I think there may be a cheap alternative to the Maxabeam, that puts out a lot more lumens. I know the Thor HID is close, but, hmm, is there another light?

Nikola, I don't have a MB. I know it seems that I do, but that is just because I think they are the greatest lights ever created. I am 14 and can't budget the mucho pricetag of them. If I ever saw one on ebay for around $700 like Andreas did, I'd be sure to get it though. The list price is just to hefty.

I'll ask some people that do have them though.

Sway, very true. I can't believe your Blitz only got 3 votes. It's very dissapointing considering what a great light it is [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif[/img]

Cheese, well, I didn't say they were the exact same thing. But, XSA's are classified as HID, that's why they are in this poll shindig. (That is a funny thought though. Edison with a SF [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img])

Sorry if this post sounds harsh or rude or anything. I've been sick lately and not in the best of moods.

Kinda reminds me of looking through the Sears catalog when I was a kid....

[ QUOTE ]
    NikolaTesla said:
    MaxaBaker, how much voltage do you have on your Maxabeam batteries when they are fully charged? You got a meter?
    Just check across pins on rear... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nikkie it should read around 14 volts the pack is made up of 10 NiCad F cells.

Later
    Kelly

Sway I get 13.6-13.8 volts after 2.5 hours rapid charge.
    Seems to work OK. No problem, I think. Seems to be VERY bright and Cool for long while.

MaxaBaker, I am waiting for Havis-Shield HID to come so I can properly vote and compare fairly. It's the most inexpensive 35 watt HID - battery + Light less than $250 brand new.

I must say though, I have only had Mad Mr. MaxaBeam for a few days. It is a VERY bad boy. Lotsa Long distance Lumens for sure. Nice Zoom feature. You want one for real.
    X990 is a bit brighter though up close (25 yards or less)
    Much Cheaper too.
    Maxa is maximum distance for sure.
    Now I need to play with a MegaRay- but too much $$$ (Like $6K) for me.

A Xenon spark takes away the Dark--

1/2 mile [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/touche.gif[/img]

MB [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Enter "Throw Babby" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif[/img]
    Later
    Kelly

Flashaholic*

Sway,

WOW, um, is that real? I think you need to do zoom images of the spot with a fixed exposure. Or,...just tell us,...which one is better! OK, sorry to say this, and you know it's true, it's time to go to 1 mile!!!

MB,

Wait for Sway's review before you have to get a MB. Also, when one parental unit says "you married me" does the other respond "I hate when you say that"-that's my life [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NikolaTesla .

Glad to see you are having fun with the new toy I sent you. For the rest of you I still have One Deluxe MaxaBeam set left. e-mail me at andreas@garlic.com if interested??

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast