Ordered my L4!!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Humming and Hawwing for weeks now.. I finally took the dive and ordered my L4! I can't sit still, I'm losing sleep..
Thank you oldgranpajack for your patience while I made my decision..
Ok, where's my light..
This should be a "sticky" thread to commemorate this monumental moment..
ok, now wheres my light..

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks.. Me too. I have read EVERY post, thread and web site that offered information other than the typical copy/paste from Surefire's website. Nobody has anything bad to say about it, outside of cost.
I found Surefire (and then CPF) in Popular Science, got investigating and finally decided on the L4. It's hard to Google a flashlight and find information that doesn't reflect back to this site..

jeepinpaul

Newly Enlightened
You will be quite happy. I have had mine for about 2 months now and really enjoy it. It is a strange thing to say about a flashlight!

wquiles

Flashaholic
Yes, you will definitely like your L4. My EDC uses the same KL4 head of the L4 and folks are always VERY impressed with the brigtness of the L4 - specially for such a small package :)

Will

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Pydpiper, if you've read every post then you probably already know about the McE2S Switches, aka the two stage switch from MCGizmo. I can't recommend one of these enough, a "must-have" if you have an L4. Don's work is of the same quality as SF's, IMO, and aesthetically speaking, they looks like the light was designed for them. My L4 looks strange to me now without it. Functionally, it makes your L4 a perfect EDC. A McE2S with 22 ohm resistance will give you just the right amount of light (and greatly extended runtime) for those times when you don't necessarily want or need the L4's blinding "wall of light" (You'll see what I mean when you try to use it on a table directly in front of you)(G)

That and anyone will tell you what a nice guy Don is to work with.

GR

Newly Enlightened
Re: L4

I have to agree with the L4/McE2s(22ohm) setup.
It's my everywhere light lately. I added the long clip also.
All I need now is rechargables.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want one three! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You people really are pushing me to go out there and get one.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

crashlander

Newly Enlightened

@ pydpiper: Get an McE2s. I have one with my L4 and its really an upgrade. If You don´t want to mod the original clickie with the McE2s, go for the Trim Tailcap. It fits better to the slim line of the L4 IMHO. And, I have the 30 Ohm resistor, I like the amount of light it produces, don´t need more in low modus.

@ greenLED, KevinL: get an L4 now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice on the McE2s Tailcap.. I will do that as soon as I can. I have some learning to do first.. Like variances in the resistance 20ohm, 15ohm.. etc. Also the cap style is something else I want to choose carefully, I love the one with threaded hole that will accept a tripod or belt clip, but it may make it too large for my EDC.. Decisions decisions..
For all you lurkers out there, buy it, don't hesitate, just do it. If I bought it when I first found for it then I would have it now..
A little tip.. Oldgranpajack is selling them for an absolutly terrific price in B/S/T, excellent to deal with too, more about him later..
Now, that belt clip.. I like the one on the "outdoorsman", which one fits it?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, it was mailed yeasterday..
I had to go to bed last night knowing my light was being tossed around a post office like a common piece of mail..The humility..
I'll make up for it when it finally makes it's way home.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

L4fanatic

Newly Enlightened

Man I know how you feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif you are going to be happy when you get your hands on it, the quality and design by surefire is top notch, enjoy it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened

I just ordered mine from oldgrandpajack also....i can't wait! now i just need to decide on the tail cap...

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Lightbringer said:
I just ordered mine from oldgrandpajack also....i can't wait! now i just need to decide on the tail cap...

[/ QUOTE ]
He is awesome, isn't he.
I like the slim tailcap, I really like the original one but it will make it tough to get the holster I want..

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened

Hi,
I bought my L4 right before christmas and it turned out not as good as I thought. I had to send it to the SF repairs department within a month and it ook them over 3 weeks to return it. My problems were excessive scratches, a cloud in the bezel, and most importantly, watch out for the occurance where your on/off clickie switch sticks. It turned out terrible for me.
Anyway, congrats!
-Ian-

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Surefire_Rocks said:
Hi,
I bought my L4 right before christmas and it turned out not as good as I thought. I had to send it to the SF repairs department within a month and it ook them over 3 weeks to return it. My problems were excessive scratches, a cloud in the bezel, and most importantly, watch out for the occurance where your on/off clickie switch sticks. It turned out terrible for me.
Anyway, congrats!
-Ian-

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did you buy your light? Was it shipped to you? I don't understand how you could pay for a product that has "excessive" scratches..
In all my time researching this light I never, not once heard anything negative about it, it's quality or mechanical problems (that wern't user inflicted).
You sound more like a begrudged person than one who regrets a purchase of this calliber. I have read a few other of your posts as they go by, each that I recall reflected on the lousy product/service you think Surefire represents.
Your Nick name is very misleading.
I am sorry you have had such detrimental success with your choices. I hope the future brings you more satisfaction.
Good Luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened

With the way oldgranpajack packages things, I don't even think the USPS could hurt it!!! You'll see what I mean. Enjoy the L4 and give up the rest of your hobbies (and maybe eating for a day or two!). That will not be the last light you buy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

His packaging probally has alot to do with the reason none of his parcels are intercepted, thieves usually dont have that much time..
My parcel is now on Canadian soil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Oldgranpajack has an L6 that has been lurking around in the back of my head..

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

No. My brother (Surefire_Rocks) is new to the whole flashlight thing. (he got it from me)

Apon recieving it he tested it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He thought it was better than it actually was... He thought it would be some sort of super light or something....

Give him time, he might figure it out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

He thought it would out-throw my kl1; as it turned out, he was wrong.
-tom