Question about SF M6?

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
I've read about the benefits of the CB bezel on the M6(makes it better as a weapon; a lot of people think it looks better; etc.) but are there any negatives? Why doesn't everyone who buys a M6 get the CB bezel?
Please comment.

cy

Flashaholic
just don't care for the crenated bezel. don't have a problem knowing when my M6 is on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wanted one, long time before actually buying. wanted the classic M6 look.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Negatives of the crenelated bezel TurboHead used by the M6-CB compared to the scalloped (M6) or old style no rim effect M6 are as I see them:

Extra length - may not fit in pouches or holsters etc.

Style may be considered too aggressive for some situations - it may be considered a 'weapon' either by the 'social' groups or 'authorities' prevalent in some environments.

The M6-CB could be more difficult to carry comfortably in your pocket and it may get caught or snagged when an attempt is made to deploy it.

Personally, I don't care for the -CB versions of the M3 and Millennium TurboHead. I do not need them, nor do I find them useful.

Al

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't affect the beam, does it? I wouldn't think so, but have never seen a direct comparison.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may effect the beam at the very perifery of the sidespill, but it shouldn't affect it in any real noticeable way. The crenelated bezel will wear the finish off faster at the "points" too since there is less material making contact. Most of my crenelated SF's show wear quicker than my plain stnadard bezels do.

-Keith