Glass RGB led Xmas ornaments

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glass RGB led Xmas ornaments --CPF discount--!!

I saw these for sale at a trade show this weekend in SF. The wholesale show price was low. The ornaments are spun glass and have 3 each rgb leds which cycle. They plug into a standard light strand, which is convenient.

I instantly noticed the rgbs, and the glass makes a sparkly luminous effect. This is the best led xmas light I have seen yet, much nicer than the ones with the little plastic stars. At the price level one might want only a few, but that would be enough to make a nice effect.

The website indicates that they are not available yet, but there are many months till next xmas. They were taking orders and had lots of nice samples. A must buy if you're into xmas lights. Maybe a nice gift too, if the price was right.

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wondered that. They must have some furnace that drips glass. The thin threads criss cross and make up the lattice body of the ornament. Maybe it is easy to drip the glass on to a form and then join the 2 halves. They didn't appear fragile at all. I'm sure they would break, but probably more sturdy than the traditional glass ornaments that are blown and painted. The drip-woven fibers probably add strength to the star.

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
OK... not so many months until Christmas now! Any new word on these, or is this the current pricing I'm seeing on the site? Ready to pick up a bunch of these at wholesale for us? $50 is a LONG way from $7! :)

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was over a year ago, the price may have changed since then. Also, I posted the info because it was an led item I thought was attractive and desireable. I'm jewish, and not too big on holiday decorating. I prefer my light up peace sign made from a bike rim. But for people with trees and light strands, these would be the ultimate.

Darell

Flashaholic
Ah, I got tripped up by the odd date. Feb of 2005? Must be a new software ghost. Anyway, thanks for bringing this up... whenever you did! :)

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a note to the owner about a group buy, or a group discount, and he seemed amenable. Still waiting for a quote. They're probably swamped right now. Might be kind of late for this season. Nevertheless, the stars are really pretty, and would be still worth getting for next season.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a response from the owner. He offered a discount, here is part of the text of the email:

"$10 off all ornaments and tree toppers while supplies last for CPF members.

We are selling out which is why I can do this, so the time for people to
order is now. I would only ask that you encourage folks to send via email
their honest feedback once they've had a chance to use the ornaments. I'm
selling this to my CFO as a "market survey" of our core technical customers.

Please be sure everyone understands and includes the following shipping costs:

1 ornament = $7.50
2 ornaments or 1 tree topper = $9.00
3-6 ornaments or 2 tree toppers = $12.00
7+ ornaments or 3+ tree toppers = $15.00

ALSO IMPORTANT ~ please have everyone list their desired ornaments according to the names on the web site by GLASS STYLE and LED TYPE (white or rainbow).

PAYPAL payments can be sent to our account at '[email protected]'"

I think it is a thoughtful offer. He's covering the shipping fees and some tax, basically, but I think it is worthwhile nevertheless.

I like the RGB glass stars the most, and the RGB glass tree topper is a pretty excellent choice.

Once again, I'm not making money on this. These are just about the nicest led ornaments I've seen, with 3 RGB leds, not just one.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Glass RGB led Xmas ornaments --CPF discount--

Darell said:
OK... not so many months until Christmas now! Any new word on these, or is this the current pricing I'm seeing on the site? Ready to pick up a bunch of these at wholesale for us? $50 is a LONG way from $7! :)

The stars listed on the website are 30$ each.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Glass RGB led Xmas ornaments --CPF discount--

greenlight said:
The stars listed on the website are 30$ each.

That's for the hanging star *ornaments*, the star tree toppers are $50. (so, he must be referring to the toppers)

Do these run on battery? If not, does that mean you'd need a separate plug for each one. Say you wanted 15 of these, that'd be a whole lot of extension cords hanging through your tree! Which ones are the RGB ones? The white or the rainbow? (this might be a stupid question to ask since I'm about to go look for the answer)

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Loominosity website describes how to use it. You simply replace a standard bulb from your string of lights on the xmas tree. Even one star would stand out- no need to replace the whole string (too expensive, anyway).

Does anyone even decorate anymore?

Darell

Flashaholic
re: Glass RGB led Xmas ornaments --CPF discount--!!

greenlight said:
The Loominosity website describes how to use it. You simply replace a standard bulb from your string of lights on the xmas tree. Even one star would stand out- no need to replace the whole string (too expensive, anyway).

Does anyone even decorate anymore?
Ah.. I certainly decorate, but I don't use "standard" lights. Ah! Just found the "how it works" link. My strands are all LED though, so this likely will not work with what I've got. I don't do "standard" any more!

Thanks again for following up on this!

(Looks like you got the thread title changed)

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
More detailed CPF disocunt:

$10 off all Loominocity LED ornaments for CPF members only!
Handmade glass ~ LED lighting
Now $20 for hanging ornaments and $40 for Tree Toppers
(Regularly, $30 and $50, respectively)

Cost Quantity Type
$40 Tree Topper w/ RGB Light
$40 Tree Topper w/ White Light
$20 Star w/ RGB Light
$20 Star w/ White Light
$20 Orbit w/ RGB Light
$20 Orbit w/ White Light
$20 Spun Silk Ball w/ RGB Light
$20 Spun Silk Ball w/ White Light
$20 Snowball w/ RBG Light
$20 Snowball w/ White Light

Shipping Costs
1 ornament = $7.50
2 ornaments or 1 tree topper = $9.00
3-6 ornaments or 2 tree toppers = $12.00
7+ ornaments or 3+ tree toppers = $15.00

Forward payment via PAYPAL to the following account = [email protected]

Please include the Type, Quantity and Shipping Costs in the note section along with your email and phone number.
We will process and confirm your order via return email or call you with any questions.

Happy Holidays,

Alex, Jason and the Loominocity Family

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still get email from these guys about their xmas products. This is their latest offering, they sell it at brookstone for 29$:
http://www.brookstone.com/store/pro...s=Tree Topper&prodtemp=t1&cm_re=Result*R1C1*T

599985_p.jpg