I can help with your Laser questions

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
ok,
something I've been wondering:

What does a termination point mean in technical terms?

[/ QUOTE ]

The surface upon which a beam strikes and then stops.

Lasernerd

Enlightened
The Great Pacific Northwest,home of the Goonies,Sh
Each Laser demonstration of the "Laser Light Show" thats what its called when lasers over 5mw`s are used for the public.
You will describe the show and the laser operator will choose the proper Termination either by beam blocks or a proper means of not letting any radiation beyond that point

This how we file our "Laser Light Show" reports

A solid barn can be filed as a termination point A rock wall
A brick structure the same.. Water,trees,sky,fog.clouds are not termination points these are considered un terminated "Laser Light Shows"
We laser show operators have several pages of diagrams,descriptions we must file 30 days in advance!
If they see a problem we get a notification to stop and re design...
Un terminated laser shows have been basicly stopped thanks to the nit wits that have done extreme damage to our industry

Arni

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
is it possible to see the beam of a 100mWatt red (635nm) Laser without any fog, an with how many mWatt green Laser i can compare it ?

Wyvern

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Arni said:
Hi,
is it possible to see the beam of a 100mWatt red (635nm) Laser without any fog, an with how many mWatt green Laser i can compare it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are refering to the aixis laser it is 650nm but whether it is visibe or not, im not sure, i will buy one next month and find out!!

Arni

Newly Enlightened
I can't decide me. Buy or not buy. 100,-$ is really cheap for 100 mWatt, but if i cant see the beam good .....

a few minutes ago i was sitting on the toilet and have a great idea. I put the red one a a green laser in a small case and i have a two colour powerfull Laserpointer. And with a semibermeable mirror i can make a orange Laserbeam. I think i must buy it.

Wyvern

Newly Enlightened
i have some of the 10mw ones from there and you cant see the beam but hell is that spot bright, its about the same as a <5mw green maybe a bit less, and that was dirt cheap.
i'll tell you what, i will buy one next month and tell you what it is like, then you can make an informed decision on whether to buy one or not

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it legal (in the US) to project beams (lines/fans) into
crowds, like I've seen in pictures from dance clubs
and rock concerts?

If so, I assume there has to be some sort of kill
mechanism in case the beam stops moving.

Thanks - Greg (former HeNe holographer)

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
WAIT... Are you telling me that it is possible to see a laser beam through the air without the help of fog or other particles?

-tom