Need ideas/suggestions on 2D with 17670 Li-Ions ..

wquiles

Flashaholic
I have 4 17670 Li-Ions cells that I would like to run on a 2D Mag. I want to run 2 in parallel and two of these in series to drive the light. I have the proper charger on order and the protection circuits for the bare cells as well. The cells are rated at 1400mAh each and since I am running two of them on parallel I should have enough juice for various projects. As a side note, I tried a single one of these on a 2xcell body with my KL4 head and it was very nice and bright!

Two of these in series don't quite fit length-wise but I am determined to make it fit, even it this means making permanent mods to the light.

I dissasembed the whole thing and noticed that I can trim a little from the black switch piece (the part facing the batteries) and that by using a different spring on the cap I can probably gain a little bit of space as well. I don't have a lathe, but with my dremel tool I could probably eat enough of the "soft" aluminum to make them fit width-wise into the cap and gain further distance. I am confident I can make it fit one way or the other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Although I might use this for a platform for an LED light, I think it could be an even better incandescent platform /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What "normal" bulbs would work at this higher voltage (2 cells in series)?

What "super" bulb would be a good match for this combo?

Has anyone attempted this before? Any tips/suggestions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Will