Shipping Lights From Canada...best option?

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
What's the best option we Canadians have to ship lights to the USA and internationally. I recently shipped my Arc LS to Florida. I used Express Post insured ...cost $19. Cdn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Blair

HunterSon

Enlightened
Shipping it regular air mail is cheaper but only comes with $100 maximum insurance. Shipping it as Air small package insured lets you add extra insurance but is as axpensive as Express post.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I use xpresspost as well and just eat up the costs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I've found xpresspost to be the fastest. For smaller items, I often ship by regular airmail, or whatever option is the cheapest (I ask at the PO).

Some items you can stuff into an xpresspost *envelope* (not the padded one), which I think is cheaper. Make sure the item is padded well though.

Hope that helps.

code09

Enlightened
I think i use small packet air...it gets to the US in around 7-10 business days, and it only costs 5.05 CND.
Well, actually, i think they raised their price, its 5.65 now, but no insurance

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small Packet Airmail is the ticket here. Anything under 250g goes for $5.60 (they raised it from $5.05 in January). It has been successful for me, and they haven't lost more than 1 or 2 in literally hundreds of mailings in the last 2 years. The lost ones were likely overseas' systems, not Canadapost or US Mail.

There's no insurance for small packet air, but it hasn't been necessary so far...