Introducing "Quadamire" and "Minetrois"

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing \"Quadamire\" and \"Minetrois\"

quadamire013ni.jpg

After seeing JimH's MagSC with Carley 606. I really got really envious and started thinking what can I do to keep the LED vs. Incadescent battle ranging ... well at least in "Mini" world. Well I finally had enough time & resource to get "Quadamire" and "Minetrois" together. Nothing special about them, just regulated, shorter, brighter, whiter and a tad bit colorful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

== "Quadamire" Specs ===
Mag1D (152mm body)
* 60mm shorter than Mag2D
2x FatMan driver (latest version)
4x Luxeon III TWAK
4x IMS SO20XA reflectors
1x Ultra-Void len
3x 14500 Li-Ion batteries
344g | 12.2oz w/o batteries
435g | 15.4oz with batteries
4x (67.2 - 87.4) = 270 – 350 Lumens.

== "Minetrois" Specs ===
MagSC (153mm body)
* 25mm shorter than Mag2C
1x FatMan driver
3x Luxeon III TWOK
3x IMS SO20XA reflectors
1x Ultra-Clear len
2x Pilas 150s batteries | 3x CR123
318g | 11.2oz w/o batteries
405g | 14.2oz with batteries
3x (67.2 - 87.4) = 202 – 262 Lumens.

OK you made it past the technical /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif let's just see all the pictures.
All beamshots are made from an 8 feet distance to the ceiling.

"Minetrois" & "Quadamire" & Mag2D

"Quadamire" & "Minetrois" dis-assembled.

Nuwai QIII & R123 -> Quadamire | Nuwai QIII & R123 -> Minetrois
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 0.5s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/10s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/50s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/100s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Quadamire -> Minetrois
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 0.5s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Quadamire -> Minetrois
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/10s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Quadamire -> Minetrois
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/50s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Quadamire -> Minetrois
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/100s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

Quadamire -> Minetrois
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 1/250s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

"Minetrois" @ max -> MiniHID after 2 minutes
Canon A80 | Manual | ISO100 | Shutter 8s | Aperature F5.0 | Auto White balance

* Now open comments | criticism | what ever you got to post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Introducing \"Quadamire\" and \"Minetrois\"

Very nice sequence of beam shots. I saw this light in person it is REALLY bright. Great work, mm.

XFlash

Enlightened

Great Job,
Have to hide my billfold when I see your posts.

akula88

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
How's the runtime? How hot does these goes after about 15 minutes continuous?

Will you offer these -- I *MAY* be interested!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Jonathan, very very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow,

When do you have time to sleep? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very nicely done and presented.

Wilkey

jtice

Flashaholic

EXCELLENT WORK !!!!

I have been wanting to make a 3x3W C size mag, love my 3x3W 2D mag, but would love it in a smaller package.

Those look fantastic, love that green color. (if anyone can get me a C mag in one of those green/blue colors I would greatly apreciate it) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wasnt sure 4 20mm reflectors would fit well, do you think, with alittle maching maybe, that 4 would fit in a C mag?

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Jonathan,

Are you using stars or emitters?
Is the heatsink epoxied to the head?

Thanks.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
modamag said:
* Now open comments | criticism | what ever you got to post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, Very nice!

You are being quite the enabler here I have been trying to build up my Maxa Beam fund and you keep waving your cut down 1D under my nose that I want so badly and now a Tri and Quad Lux, I don't know how much more I can take so STOP IT OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

I am very curious of what kind of run time you can get from the Quadamire with the EL holder that is a sweet light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Later
Kelly

Lightwave

Newly Enlightened

Modamag,

Beautiful lights! Is the Menageatrois -oops, meant Minetrois- the one you had at the Bay Area get together last weekend, or is it a shorter version? The one you brought was *very* cool.

Lightwave

Newly Enlightened

Would Quadamire work with a 2D host, using your 8AA to 2D converters, running AA alkalines (or primary lithiums)? Or would that be too much voltage for the converter?

How would runtime be with such a setup?

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanx guys for all your comments & praises. I can only take 25% of the credit. The others must go to b2eze, george80, and our super cool machine shop. Because without them this 3 months dream would never materialize.

Sorry for no runtime chart. I'm still waiting for the "CPF Logger Lite".
Minetrois have ~35+ minutes on 2x Pila 150S, 45+ min on 2x Pila 150A, and 60+ min on 3x batterystation CR123.
Quadamire have ~25+ minutes on 3x 700mAh Li-Ion and 80+ minutes on 2100mAh NiMh.

The final version would have of J|H Vf & adjustable with a PocketMate pot to increase the runtime.

XFlash - no worry about your billfold, it's not FS yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
akula88 - maybe in a month, after I tweek everything.
Wilkey - when you have infants you never really sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif
jtice - only MagC colors are pewter, purple and black. No need for machining for 20mm[/b] reflector. It's all in the heat sink. Keep an eye out for "Perfect Mag Sink" ... sometime next week.
icarus - 4x TWAK & 3x TW0K. No expoxy since it's still experimental. That's why I use the bi-pin connector /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Sway - same goal -> Maxa Beam, just that I want a custom modded one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Lightwave - the one you saw at the get together is Minetrois earlier prototype which is longer. Quadamire would work in Mag2D form factor with 8x Alkaline | NiCd | NiMh | Lithium. Actually that was one of the earlier prototype. With 8x Panasonic 2100 mAh NiMh, runtime is 80+ minutes.

Andreas

Enlightened

Hey modamag, Put me down for one of those beauts..

"Actually that was one of the earlier prototype. With 8x Panasonic 2100 mAh NiMh, runtime is 80+ minutes"

Is this the one I got. Awsome light. Love it.

Thanks

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow!!! Terrific work and excellent presentation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Britt

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's like having 4 Q3Rs with one button to turn it on!!! Can't wait to get mine! No really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jonathan you need serious mental help. I think pound for pound you're going to end up seperating more people from more of their cash then even the great Arc Flashlight company did. lol. These are absolutely awesome. I was wondering what i was going to do with that cutdown 1D i got from you on the GB. I might have to get myself some more 14500's and do a 3xLuxIII. Any beamshots with these on Fraen optics or NX05's?

Shane

wtraymond

Enlightened

Great lights modamag.

How do you keep the wires from twisting while screwing on the head?

It would be a lot of extra work but you could shave another 10mm-15mm off the top of the battery tube in the interest of making it as small as possible.

I really like the shortened D M@g concept. It makes the light much more stable when you balance it on its head.

Any chance you'll do another M@g D body mod group buy? I guess I missed out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi!

Does anybody have any comparison pictures of the Mag SC and MAg 1D VS Other lights?
I really would like to see how the complete light looks like compared to other.

Thanx
Benny

Free

Enlightened

Favorite Thread added /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems like I am always missing the cool lights on this forum. I don't want to miss this one, when you offer it for sale.

I really like that purpleish blue color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

*Deleted*

-------------XXX------------

Latest posts