800 & 500 lumens antique flashlights

juancho

Enlightened
The Eveready Captain 2 D and 3 D are hosting superbulbs and 3 to D adaptors.
The small 2 D is running a WA01160 bulb and the big head 3 D is running a WA01185 superbulb.
The only thing is that they have plastic reflectors and bulb holder, so I can not run them for more than a few seconds.

Juan C.

S5300097.jpg

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool!!!! Now, all you gotta do is get a metal reflector. With that size head, it should really give you some massive throw if you can get the right kind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

AW

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a metal reflector and glass lens. I 'll get a potted 1185 and this old guy will be on steroid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I saw someone on eBay that had an antique light from the 20s or 30s I beleive running a Lux1 or Lux3. It even had one of those really old school convex lenses.

Obviously not the same thing as a superbulb, but pretty cool none the less.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's it. I beleive it was modded by a forum member.

Can you post the link to that auction?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
jauncho -

Nice. I like that big headed Captain. I won't ask you for a beamshot but someone should.

AW -

Could you shrink that link? Still using 800 X 600 default resolution. Here's what it might look like: By Wild Rice.

Love these antique mods.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, fine, I'll ask for the beamshot instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It would be interesting to see how differently the huge bezel performs compared to the 2" reflectors we use in the normal Mag85 superbulb config.

gl22man

Enlightened
ok i guess i can show off my antique light now. It's a rayovac sportsman from the 30's or 40's i guess. I put a potted WA 1160 in it along with a magcharger battery for guilt free lumens.By the way don't mind all the toys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i have 3 kiddies.
Mike...

rayovacsportsman2.jpg

rayovacsportsman3.jpg

beamshot a 3ft totally dark basement
beamshot3feet.jpg

and a beamshot roughly 13 to 15 feet remember this is a totally dark basement except for a fish tank light.
beamshotabout13feet.jpg

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!

That is some cool stuff. Gotta say, some of those older lights sure had style.

Wilkey

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, antique? You guys are making me feel old and I'm a young guy. Those Eveready and Rayovac lights must have been made into the mid '60s.

Nice mods. I really like the fisheye *actual antique* with the Lux.