Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creamation

• Other

• Total voters

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I realise this is a rather ticklish subject, but somebody has to bring it up.
When you go, would you like to become worm food (burial) or fertiliser (creamation)?
Or would you like your body to be disposed of in another manner, such as mummification, burial-at-sea, or no preference?

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
I chose other, 'cause I am hoping to be frozen, and revived by nanotechnology at some point in the future. I better start taking better care of myself though, to push my demise, and eventual resurrection, off a little further into the future. (Hey, a guy can dream, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif )

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, this should be quite a ways off for me, but I'm not sure I can decide. It is always nice being able to visit a relative's or friend's grave site. It can be a way to let your feelings out, to talk to them, and to remember them. Burial doesn't make a whole lot of sense though, taking up so much space for something that really isn't something anymore.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote for ashes...
A friend of mine once said to scatter his ashes over a field of pot... so people can smoke him after he is gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I knew a guy who wanted to be creamated and then his ashes made into a toliet and then installed in the men's room at a bar. I'm not kidding here, this is 100% true.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Creamation for me too.
I had a friend that was a Journyman Plumber and he said he wanted to be creamated and flushed down a toilet, so he could see his work from the inside.
He passed away about 4 months ago. I don't know if his brothers actually did that or not.

mut

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i live in ga and im sure most of ya heard about the place here that didnt creamte the people they just threw em in the woods in stuff.but i still want to be creamated no way i want to be burried

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked other because I don't know yet. As I see it right now, when I'm dead, I'm dead. I won't know what I'm doing when I'm dead, so I don't care. Which ever is easier to my family I guess.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compost.

I prefer composting. Why waste perfectly good carbon & nitrogen?

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Compost.

I grew up being exposed (only occasionally) to funerals and caskets and burial and headstones and so forth, so for a long time I thought people that wanted cremation were kind of odd. However I've decided that I don't have any reasons for my bones to sit around occupying space in a box, with my name on a rock above it. I don't want my family to feel that they have to come by and look at my rock, and I don't want future generations to have to figure out what to do with that little piece of real estate. Once my soul leaves and the medical people take anything that they might be able to use then the rest can be disposed of the easiest way possible. If my family wants to remember me they will have photographs for that, as well as a box full of flashlights to figure out what to do with.

hikari

Newly Enlightened

I just saw on the news the other day that some company is taking the ashes of your (cremated) loved one and turning them into DIAMONDS. It costs something like 2K to 5K bucks.

Another option!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I knew a guy who wanted to be creamated

[/ QUOTE ]
Did he order sugar with that?

Empath

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
hikari said:
I just saw on the news the other day that some company is taking the ashes of your (cremated) loved one and turning them into DIAMONDS. It costs something like 2K to 5K bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that the prices have gone down for the LifeGems in the last year or two.

Here's their prices page.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whatever you think you think, check out the Penn & Teller Bullsh*t episode on dying and funerals.
Might change a few minds.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cremation for me.
My late uncle was cremated.
I carried his ashes out of the funeral home last weekend after a very good memorial.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Myself and 2 brothers scattered both our parent's ashes out in the desert last year. Wind came up and blew them back in our faces! I guess they got even! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My wallpaper is their view. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Larry

14C

Enlightened

I think I'd like to be creamated and have the ashes buried in Washington D.C. near the Capitol then have an apple tree planted over the spot....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif