SF 9P head vs M3 head in brightness , throw?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just download the SF 2005 catalog. I notice the head of the 9P is smaller than M3 combat model. Does this mean the M3 has further throw? Both lights have produce same lumens.Does anyone know if 9P can throw a reasonable distance of 200ft? Which Pila battery will fit in the 9P? I need your help guys . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
thanks. you can PM me or email me at [email protected]

mokona2

Enlightened
The 9P uses the P90/P91 lamp assemblies (105/200 lumens) with roughly the same reflector shape as the P60/P61. The M3 uses a shock-isolated bezel with a built-in reflector that is a bit wider. With the MN10/MN11 lamps, I'd say the M3 will have a larger hot spot and slightly farther reach.

I don't have the real estate to test out 200ft reach unfortunately. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The both the 9P and M3 will run on 2x 150S Pilas, but you may have trouble running the high output lamps. When you order your Pilas, ask for the extra spring.

hrbngr

Newly Enlightened
Mokona2,
just to be clear here, the M3 combat will run on Pila 150S rechargeable batteries, but those are best suited to the 125 lumen--MN10 lamp, not the MN 11, right? Will any Pilas run the MN11?

mokona2

Enlightened
Both the 9P and M3 will run the LOLAs with 150S no problem. Personally, I've had trouble getting the HOLAs running reliably. You will need the extra spring for the M3, and I've also read here in the forums that you may require a double-click to activate the flashlight with a HOLA installed. Others have actually blown lamps with the same configuration (hot off charger I suspect). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif