Is The G2Z Bezel Shock Resistant?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the G2Z Bezel has the Pyrex lens upgrade but doesn't it also have the shock resistant upgrade?

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Gene,
The M2 bezel will fit and provide shock resistance to recoil but makes a previously well balanced light bezel heavy!

Nitrolon is itself very good at preventing shock passing through to the LA, but the G2z is not meant to be a weapon mounted light. However the G2z can be used happily used beside a handgun without risk of damage to the LA.

Doug

dougmccoy

Enlightened
tom, of course you are right that most flashlights that are handheld can be used in combination with a handgun without too much risk to the LA, but as Gene was asking about the G2z that is what I was speaking about and not advising on any other Surefire's suitability!

Doug

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hoghead And Doug,
Thanks much for the info! Yeah Doug, I was asking if the G2Z bezel was shock protected like the M2's. I guess the only advantage to it over the stock G2 bezel is the Pyrex lens and it has the hex bezel.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Gene,
Spot on! Dont forget the G2z is also much better at water resistance than the G2 and for what it's worth IMHO better looking! But hey the G2 is a steal for the money!
Doug

Skyline

Enlightened
Though the G2Z is not shock isolated in the way of the M2, you may be surprised at the level of built-in shock resistance offered by Nitrolon. The G2Z is one tough (and lightweight) light!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2Z also has the lock out tailcap, which the G2 doesn't.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't agree with you gents more. The G2 and G2Z are two of the best incans out there. I like Nitrolon a lot!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Codeman said:
The G2Z also has the lock out tailcap, which the G2 doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

The new G2 does but I am not sure if Surefire is shipping them yet or not?