i wish i was rich

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i hate being poor it sucks.so i wish i was rich.man id have the coolest mountain bike ever made from carbon fiber and it will weigh like 14 lbs. then ill always have some rare roast beef in fridge.the pc id build would be so cool .would have the dual core amd.id save all the dogs and cats at shelter.id spend a bunch on hunting bin laddin and ending his life.so what would ya do if ya was rich?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA HA We can all dream..
If I had the cash I would buy all Surefire lights and go beyond, build an underground shelter/house to protect me from the imminent Nuclear Holocaust.. I would buya Hydrogen powered car and have a few cats...

I would have 100s of computers built into a see-through floor all over the house....

-tom

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely would not work but then I would eat lousy, drink more alcohol and not exercise. So I will live longer by being working class poor.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
If I had as much money as I would want, Hmm 1st and formost I would rule all humans!
I would rule with an iron fish.. ok, new first, get lessons in spelling and typing skills, then rule the humans with an irn fist!! Obey the fist!!! or was it fish, hmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get my entire family insured for the future, than I'd buy Peak Beam Industries and run it (have plenty of MaxaBeams!!!), and finally, I'd put the McLaren F-1 back into production and run the company.

O yeah, of course I would buy at least 2 of every kind of flashlight known to wo/man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I would get my family set up for life, invest some of the remaining cash, and maybe build a production/editing studio.
Or an incubator/prototyping shop for inventors.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Pay off bills, pay for my two son's college education and hopefully have some money left to help out the rest of my family.

That would help reduce the stress of day to day "working to live"...but so often we forget what we really have. We are rich in many ways other than financially. Some still have their good health, a roof over their head, and food to eat.

There are so many in this world that have to sleep in the streets and don't really know where their next meal is coming from. Perhaps they don't have any family at all and are just by themselves.

Often we do say..."Man, if I had this or that...", but we have to look at what we do have and be thankful for that!

raggie...you are "rich" in ways you probably don't even realize!

Wylie

Enlightened
That's funny, I'd just go fishing more often! Okay the reels would change on the rods but the rods would remain the same as I build them now. Maybe I could get together with a manufacturer and get some more rod blanks built. I just can't buy production rods anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
There may be a 4X4 in there to get to those special holes too.
I would if I could pay a good looking girl to bait my hook for me.
I think I better stop this!
reality sucks!
Some rare roast beef would be good about now but I got it from the store cut up into little chucks and now it is a stir fried stew. You know stir fry frozen veggies in with a can of stewed tomatoes and the beef to make it stretch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Keep dreamin,
Wylie

Topper

Flashaholic*
I think I would just call in sick and spend the day paying off all my bills. The underground shelter would have to wait for the weekend.
Topper

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
ok i hate being poor it sucks.so i wish i was rich.man id have the coolest mountain bike ever made from carbon fiber and it will weigh like 14 lbs. then ill always have some rare roast beef in fridge.the pc id build would be so cool .would have the dual core amd.id save all the dogs and cats at shelter.id spend a bunch on hunting bin laddin and ending his life.so what would ya do if ya was rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raggie, you are not poor, I don't think a persons wealth is measured in cash,possesions, or false status. But by thier soul,the people they have touched and depth of thier compassion.
I don't know you but I feel like I do. And from what I have seen of the people you have obviously touched here...in my eyes you are VERY WEALTHY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well said Beamhead!

I used to go to over 10 different places a day to service and maintain over 2500 tropical plants a week in places like:
Office buildings, law offices, expensive members only clubs at the tops of skyscrapers, expensive restaurants, residential castles.
I met people who were making more money a day than I did in a month.
They still were not happy either, even with thier V8-V12 Mercedes convertibles, thousand dollar+ attire, nice castle sized homes.

I certainly would get a few things taken care of with extra money, sure.
But, I'm not ready to believe that I would be any happier overall based on what I saw of the really financially rich I used to serve.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
3rd_Shift_Lights: Spot on!

I, in my life have gone from living out of my car, to almost well off, and now have settled somewhere in between.
Through it all, my happiness was not linked to my financial status. I sometimes wish I could go back to the early days of my marriage, we did not make much, have much, but it all seemed simpler then. Not that it is bad now...not by a long shot.

I too have met important people and I was not impressed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, being super rich would start to make me happy because i could quit my crap job, maybe id buy it from the tool that owns it just to make him sign a 20-year non-compete and then to sell the company to somebody else because i hate the way he runs things. Id do the obligatory setting up the family. Personally tell the head of the Belo Corperation (who owns the Dallas Morning News whom my dad has worked for for 45 years) to go F#@* himself, And then go buy the entire country of France and kick all the french out.

Shane

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were rich I would like to be Thilthy Thilthy Thilthy Rich so as to put an end to starvation and poverty.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will never be an end to starvation and poverty. No matter how much money we pump into relief efforts. Certain groups just can't support themselves, weather it be from lack of oppertunity or lack of desire. Look at all the 3'rd world countries "oh please donate a dollar a day to save this child" These people arent healthy enough to walk but they can sure find the stregnth to have sex and make babies!! If you want to put your riches to good use then id suggest putting a sterrility agent in their water supply and let the population thin itself out a little bit so maybe they'd have an opertunity to have a self-supportive economy.

Or, as the great Sam Kinison said, "Dont send these people another dime. You want to help them, Send them U-Hauls, Send them luggage. Send them somebody like me i'll go out there. Id say, Ya know, I just realized something, We just drove 700 miles with your food and I realized there wouldnt be world hunger if you people WOULD LIVE WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!!, you live in a F****** DESERT! Nothing Grows here, nothing's going to grow here. You see this? IT's sand, you knwo what it's going to be in 100 years? IT's going to be sand!!!."

LOL.

*hopps off of his soap box*

Shane

Andreas

Enlightened
Well said Beamhead!

I have a Beautiful Wife, Wonderful 7 year old Daughter!! Food on the table. "I am Rich"

Probably would be a little richer if I had never found this site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif