SF Aviator A2 Red LED question

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about getting a Aviator A2 with the Red LED since i do a lot of night work for photography and the Red would be handy. After doing some research i found out that when in the "high" setting the LED's stay on. What I am wondering is how much do the red LED's effect the high beam? how much of a red tint does it give it? Does anyone have any pics of the beam on a wall or something or know where i can get them. Thanks

davidra

Enlightened
The LED's do stay on. Unless you hold it right up to a wall, you can't see any hint of red at all. If I hold it within a foot or two of the wall, I can almost convince myself I see a tint, but otherwise nothing. The LED's are so lowpowered that they are completely overwhelmed. It's a great light, by far my favorite.

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone.
I think I will get the red. Does anyone know if i can get the other color LED's so i can switch between red and white LED's?

mokona2

Enlightened
Not sure if you can order just the LEDs, but they can be swapped out if you have a jeweler's philips screwdriver of the appropriate size.