What for the L4?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
McE2S switch, lanyards to keep it from disappearing, battery carriers. Those are the biggies I'd want. .

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Youo absolutely need a McGizmo 2-stage tailcap for a long-running low-mode in addition to full-blast !!

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You just visit the McGizmo forum and look at the FAQ ... there you will fins those Aleph tailcap iterations:

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

You choose one you like, choose a resistor value (for the L4 it should be about 22 ohms) and order it .

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
... and then you screw it on your L4 and will have a switch that behaves like the SF L1/L2/A2 switch. You loose the clicky function that way, but gain instant access to low and high mode with your thumb.

McGizmo himself is closed for orders right now since he is going on vacation for 5 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif , but there are others who sell Aleph stuff ... see the FAQ.

bernhard

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Ian,

As mentioned to you quite a few times, on various threads, it is best suggested that you head over to the McGizmo section of the CPF, and check out the sticky threads on the topic.

Once you do that, and read up on the possible specs for the two stage cap, you will be able to get a better handle on what you are wanting, and how to go about the way you would wish to obtain it.

If once you do that, and you have actual specific questions, let us know, and we can offer feedback.

Hope that helps,
John

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
So, all I have to do is get a two-staged tailcap-any of those you showed me- and a 22 ohm resistor? Will the tailcap just replace the one I have now? Will the lesser stage be regulated? How much will it run me?
Thanks!

-Ian-

Surefire_Rocks

Newly Enlightened
So, all I have to do is get a two-staged tailcap-any of those you showed me- and a 22 ohm resistor? Will the tailcap just replace the one I have now? Will the lesser stage be regulated? How much will it run me?
Thanks!

-Ian-

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Ian ... no need to buy a resistor ... I am talking about the value of the resistor in the switch module itself. The cap just replaces the original Z57 or Z52.
The low-mode isn't regulated, and runtime is depending on the resistor value you chose and is more than a few hours.
Go and read the Aleph-FAQ as well as the McE2S sticky thread in the McGizmo forum!
bernhard

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Ian,

Correct. I bought a Trim Tailcap, in the Natural color, with the 22 ohm for $50.00. I bought mine 100% completed, so when it arrived, I merely had to put it on my L4, and it was good to go.

Hope that helps,
John

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, I think so.
Look at the Sandwich Shoppe or ask one of the Aleph builders (Chop, tylerdurden, Darell, JollyRoger, kj)
bk