Any Badminton Players? If so please e-mail me...

J_Oei

Enlightened
Re: Any Badminton Players? If so please e-mail me

I lettered in High school. Still try to play every once in a while. What are you looking for?

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Any online links/information on equipment: shoes, rackets, string, grips, etc... your preferences, etc...

Just learning the game, that's all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Thanks for the info Scuba. I guess I'm knee-deep into it now...I just spent $700 on equipment and four hours at my local Badminton club watching some advanced players play.

I guess I live in serious Badminton country because there are two clubs within 3 miles of me.

Thanks again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TimAckerman

Newly Enlightened

Wow, $700 that is some serious cash for just starting!

I played badminton throughout HighSchool and University and played at quite a competitive level, and for starting off that is quite the investment! I hope you got some good stuff.

Equiptment wise, I have always favored Yonex or Forza raquets, for shoes Yonex again makes good stuff, and if you can find a place that you can trust their stringing abilities or string your raquet yourself, you are set!

The best way to learn the game is to play. Play, play and play some more! It is a GREAT game, try to make sure you are always challenging yourself, playing better people, watch what they do, and possibly get a good coach to do some training with.

Good luck! and have fun!

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Yes, stuff gets expensive:

-Two Yonex Armortec Offensive 800s: $220/each (will probably cancel order)
-Two Bad R US Evolution Offensive 777s: $110/each
-Asics Tiger Typhoon: $110
-Miscellaneous stuff: bag, shuttles, Yonex BG70 string: $150+

But the interesting thing is yesterday I picked up two rackets by a Taiwan company called Bad R Us (www.badrus.com) and they claim to make a racket similar to the Armotec 800 at half the price. They claim it's comparable. I tried the Armortec and Bad R Us back-to-back and believe it or not, I felt the Bad R Us was better. I may have to cancel the Armortecs. I'll see tomorrow after I hit with both again.

Santelmo

Enlightened

I hope you become skilled enough to reinvent the sport into "Goodminton" (as he ducks for cover for saying the world's lamest joke ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts