"thought" I lost my L4!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
\"thought\" I lost my L4!

I was driving home from work last night and as the sun set I thought I would whip out my L4 to make light of the dark. I reached for my pocket where it ALWAYS is. Nothing there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I was on the highway and the panic that flushed my body was overwelming. In about 3 seconds I was on the side of the road digging feverishly through the car, thinking it must be in my last customers couch, or driveway..
There was nothing I wasn't willing to do to put that light back in my pocket.. One last look through my car surfaced my light in the pocket of my jacket.. I used it to ingnite an address in the dark..
Phew.. That sucked.

Malpaso

Enlightened
Re: \"thought\" I lost my L4!

It seems no matter how much you try to put something like your light or your keys in the same place/pocket so you know wher they ALWAYS are, every once in a while they end up somewhere else. Good that you found it!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"thought\" I lost my L4!

Glad you found it. A light or knife with a lanyard attached and/or a holster can prevent this and really doesn't get in the way. As for when more formally dressed, dedicate a pocket for the light. Making a habit of always keeping any particular item in a specific place lessens the panic of not finding it.

A bit off topic, a little bit preachy, and more than a little sacreligious, but... in perspective, our lights are only possessions. Getting bummed out is one thing but maybe even a little bit of panic behind the wheel is another. The cost of replacing the L4 is a lot less than your deductable and definitely less than a hospital bill. And playing with lights while driving on a highway maybe isn't such a good idea.

Latest posts