• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Ginseng/JS's "X5D" 800 lumens for 2 hours!

S4MadMan

Enlightened
SOLD: Ginseng/JS\'s \"X5D\" 800 lumens for 2 hours!

SOLD thanks!

The X5D is for a one-of-a-kind Ginseng and JS collaboration. It's 800 lumens of bright light for 2 continuous hours! The X5D puts out a lot of light. I would say it's between an MC60 and MC85 in terms of overall brightness but also has tremendous run time, ~120 minutes continuous!

Included:
TWO JS ring potted bulbs: Osram 64275AX: 6 Volts @ 35watts, rated @ 50 hours each
Carley 1940 Reflector
Red MAG 5D Donor Body
FIVE (like new) Powerex "D", 11,000MAH NiMH batteries
UCL

In addition, there's a lot of flexibility with this mod, here are the benefits:

1. X5D is an ultra high capacity, high brightness platform.
2. It'll run the X-bulb for about two hours and the WA01160 for about three hours continuous.
3. It can also run the 8 x 1/2D configuration using the WA01185 ring potted and run for over 70 minutes continuous.
4. Although currently fitted to run ring potted bulbs from JS, swapping the switch core with a stock unit (just a couple of bucks) and the Mag Bipin mod, the unit is then capable of running numerous Welch Allyn bulbs in various battery configurations.
5. With the MagBP mod, you can even run the Streamlight SL-20X and SL-35X reflectorized lamp assemblies for a smoother beam.

x5d12ey.jpg

Here's a comparison between a Streamlight SL-20X. You'll see the X5D is WAY brighter...120 lumens vs. 800 lumens.
x5d23ja.jpg

litho123

Enlightened
Re: FS: Ginseng/JS\'s \"X5D\" 800 lumens for 2 hours!

Courtesy bump!

This looks very nice!
I want it but I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Thanks Litho, for you I'll make it $120. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Does it overheat?

S4MadMan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Does it overheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, I've never run it for more than 5 minutes continuous...

*MadMan runs to turn on X5D*

...I'll post my results in a about 30 minutes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Placing the X5D on a table and not holding it, after...

...3 minutes...head is slightly warm to the touch, switch is cold...

...5 minutes...head is warm to the touch, switch is very slightly warm...

...10 minutes...head is very warm to the touch, switch is slightly warm...

...15 minutes...head is hot to the touch, switch is warm...

...20 minutes...head is very hot (can only hold for about 3-5 seconds) to the touch, switch is very warm (but you can still hold it, no problem)...

...25 minutes...head still very hot (no hotter than before) to the touch, switch is very warm, no warmer then before...

...30 minutes...head still very hot (no hotter than before) and switch is still very warm, no warmer then before. I believe after 20 minutes, the X5D approaches its max temperature.

paulr

Flashaholic

What's the white/silver band near the tail?

S4MadMan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
What's the white/silver band near the tail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some custom tape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The top band is glow-in-the-dark tape. It's instant glow, meaning instant exposure to light and it will glow for up to 10 minutes.

The middle band is DOT Approved Reflective Tape. So if you shine a light on the tape, it will reflect quite brightly.

The bottom band is also glow-in-the-dark tape but it's endurance glow tape. This means it needs prolonged exposure to light (30+ minutes), preferably sunlight and it will continue to glow for up to 10 hours! I have not confirmed the results with the endurance glow tape but I have seen it glow for over 30 minutes.

Thanks to Ginseng (or no thanks, depending how you look at it), I've purchased about $300 in glow and reflective tape and tape up each one of my flashlights for identification and at night locating purposes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

litho123

Enlightened

Hmmmm..../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Let's see...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Convince Dan to keep part of the bi-pin bulbs I ordered as payment...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif No...I want all those bulbs...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Paypal the 16.85 in the paypal account...
Arrange a short-term "Borrow" from my daughters piggy bank... 25.13...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif not enough

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ask for layaway...How about payroll deductions...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Nope...the Mrs. would find out...

Well, I guess I'll sit on the sidelines and find out who the lucky buyer will be.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
rick258 said:
Dan -- At $120 I'll take it. Let me know. Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick, YGM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Darn, stepped away for a minute and missed it. Oh well, I'm better off without it. The USL will be enough monster hotwire for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

paulr

Flashaholic

S4, where have you been, man? The USL (Ultimate Stealth Lite) is the bwaites/js/ginseng(?) collaboration with a custom NiMH pack and a completely monstrous 100 watt halogen bulb for 2000+ lumens from a Mag 2D body. Runtime is around 7 minutes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I figure it will take care of my desire for an insanely bright light once and for all. I have most of the parts for a Mag85 but that's wimpy by comparison.

Where did you get the Powerex cells? From Thomas Distributing they're about $15 each so 5 of them is $75 for the cells alone... I really shoulda snagged your light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rick258

Enlightened

PP sent Dan.

Check homemade and modified for USL. List closes on Monday.
Look for "Battery construction details & History of the USL" and "Official USL Sign Up List (Pt. 2) - CLOSES MONDAY!!! " threads.

Rick

S4MadMan

Enlightened

Hi Paul, I don't read CPF as much as I would like to so I didn't even ask about the USL.

Regarding the Powerex Ds, yes, I purchased them from Thomas Distributing and you're right, I didn't even think about it, the 5Ds cost me $80+ alone...doh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I still have 3 extra like new Powerex Ds, if you are interested, $40 shipped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif