Any pics of Z2 combatlight w/ A19 batt. extender?

WDR65

Enlightened
I have the Z2 and was debating upgrading it to this for the interchange feature or just buying a C3. I was wondering how it looking and if it was practical at all? Any info. would be great along with any pics too. Thanks.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any pics of Z2 combatlight w/ A19 batt. extend

Don't have a pic, sorry, but I used an A19 on my C2 off and on with a P90 until I bought a Z3. The Z2+A19+P90 (or P91) will be fine. The Surefire/Rogers shooting technique using the "combat grip body" of the Z2 won't work if you intend to use the light alongside a handgun, but other than that, it'll work great.

I keep my C2 on me, and an A19, extra batts, P90, misc accessories in a zippered pouch in my briefcase (The Z3 pulls nightstand/house duty). If I'm stuck somewhere and need extra light, I swap out the lamp and A19 and extra batteries for the 9V setup and am good to go.

[I mark my SF batteries with a Sharpie as "2" or "3" so I use them up as a set. If I keep 3 batteries for P90 usage, I have those all marked with a "3" take the original 2 out of my 6V light (they're usually marked with the date I installed them), put them aside, and use all 3 of the "3-cell" lights together.)]

WDR65

Enlightened

Thanks sween1911, I think I'll go that route. Appreciate the advice with the batteries. I've ordered my A19, now just gotta decide between the KT2 or the SRTH. Then maybe a C3 for the reasons you mentioned aove. Oh man, the list goes on and on.

Mr HG

Enlightened

Took a picture for you.
z2a19.jpg

code09

Enlightened

hey sween, that battery marking is a great idea...never woulda thought of it, either that or i was too lazy to mark them. I was wondering why my cells were going dead so fast.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Sween1911, If you get 2 Pila 150s rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and a Pila charger, you can use those in place of the 3 SF123 batteries in your 3 cell configuration. Get 2 more for backup and you've got guilt-free lumens with almost the same battery storage life with the Pilas as with the disposable lithiums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast

Socom,

I know, I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've been drooling over the whole rechargable idea for quite some time.

Moe,

I never thought of it until I found myself with a sandwich bag full of lithiums in my go-bag, some good, some half dead, and I said "This is going to get expensive really fast". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Also helps track the ones that are too far gone to use with my incans, but will work nicely in the Inova X5T until they're truly dead.

code09

Enlightened

sween, totally agreed. I love LED's, they still power up fully even though the 123's on a M3T for example wont even light up.

Now im looking for a SF hurricane to drain the 123's even further /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tape pairs of groups of 3 batteries together so there is no risk of mixing them later. Besides, a single battery stick is much easier and faster to load into lights than seperate cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif