Factory mAh differences??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have just finished modding some ARC LS boards and am curious about a few findings. I know out of 3 of these they were all set at the factory level of 333mAh before modding. I had one very bright LSHP that I decided to leave alone as it is nice and white as is. I tested the mAh at the tail cap on these and two of them showed to fluctuate between about 500-530 mAh. The third one showed to get about 650-670 mAh at the tail cap. Was there that much differences between factory boards? I think I bought this one as a second so is it possible that it was a second due to drawing too much current? Can anyone give me an idea of about what the Luxeon is getting with a level of 670mAh at the tail cap? All of my tail cap readings were taken with the same battery but I really do not know if that even matters any. If there were some ARC boards that were pulling more current what could cause this assuming all the boards were the same?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a stock Arc LS, you should see a battery draw of 420-480 mA, roughly 100-150 mA over the circuit bias. 530 mA is still in the ballpark. This will depend on the LED's vf also though, a "J" will draw more than a "K", etc. You will want to use a fresh battery, and use the same battery for each light if you are comparing them against each other. You also need to make sure you are getting good contact with your probes as you can see tremendous differences in the draw if you have a flaky connection.

Current draw was not a criteria in the LS models as far as "seconds" are concerned. The variations are likely caused by the different Luxeons, not the circuit.

Peter

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
This will depend on the LED's vf also though, a "J" will draw more than a "K", etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter,

Shouldn't it be the other way around since a J is more efficient than a K bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.