Cadillac comercials......

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I respect Cadillac because their cars are nice and luxurious, but these days, I think they are overdoing their commercials. I have never heard more annoying ones and I see them more often than any others. All of them brag about the 0-60 mph under 5 seconds. Here is every phrase used in each commercial. Yes I heard them so often, I memorized them.

"(VROOOMM!!!) THAT, was a cadillac"
"Whatever you do, dont blink, (VROOOMM!!!)"
"Introducing-(VROOOMM!!!)"
"Get ready to experience-(VROOOMM!!!)"
"This car (VROOOMM!!!) is faster than this Ad"

DaFiend

Enlightened
Well mags, that commercial has certainly done its job hasn't?
you can remember every phrase, and that it was a caddy ad!

I've studied marketing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Car ads in general are obnoxious. The worst are the local dealerships yelling about how nobody can beat their deals and bring in the best offer you can find and if we can't beat it, we'll give you the car for FREE!!!!

Then on Christmas and Easter they run a major ad campaign with a solemn explanation of how they will be closed on Sunday so they can worship their Savior, the Lord God Jesus Christ with their families like everyone else.

I keep watching for the lightning bolt.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the cars......love the music.......love the engine sounds......I actually prefer the Caddy commercials over most others, but that's just me.

I personally get very annoyed with the insurance and lawyer commercials. They seem to be on all the time, they are usually quite long, and they all seem pretty bland.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone agree with me? The power that the commercial puts forward to represent the car does kinda match the V-series Caddy's performance. When a Caddy beats a fast Porsche around a track you know they gotta be doing something right.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus, the funny part is the people that used to listen to Led Zeppelin are now the ones able to afford the cars. Makes me laugh, but I'm sure GM did their research.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
My dad gripes about the Buick lacross ads, one ad they have this rather nice looking african american lady standing next to the car. My dad makes some type of bigoted remark asking if she came with the car or that it would attract women like her. My quick responce was stating if she came with the car I would by it in a second, she was hot looking!
I belive the real reason my dad made that remark is he is not happy with GM for discontuneing the Regal in favor of the Lacross. Infact he sold his Buick Regal GS to me and he bought a Dodge Magnium RT.

anyway the adds for the Cobolt annoy me a bit, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif