Must see pen spinning video!!!!!!!

LukeK

Enlightened
Dunno if I'd agree with it being 'spyware'. That's freely available information, that shows your own to you.

DaFiend

Enlightened
Those guys have waaaaaay too much time on their hands! Either that or they do pen spinning for a part time gig and are fulltime martial artists or somethin'.

Starlight

Enlightened
It is spyware. You have no business running a program that reads the drive on my computer, regardless of where it displays.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Starlight said:
It is spyware. You have no business running a program that reads the drive on my computer, regardless of where it displays.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT spyware, and it definitely doesn't read the drive on your PC. This information is sent from your browser when you connect to the web server, and is available whenever you connect to a web site. If you don't like it, then you really shouldn't be browsing the internet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarkLight

Enlightened
And what does it have to do with the interests of candlepower forums?

I know when I see someone running that piece of software in their sig It pisses me off, and I consider it being an electronic smartaleck.....to put it nicely..

Its only intention is to cause grief of some nature in my opinion.

It certainly refutes his statement above it as being dishonest.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
I just want to know one thing....is the surgery to hide the magnets under your skin really worth it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But seriously, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
Geez guys, talk about overreacting...

On topic: Crazy video Mags. Must take a lot of practice...

AbnerCadaver

Banned
Jeeze, peeps, get a grip. That information, regardless where it is displayed or not displayed, is provided by your browser to ANY website that you visit. This is how the internet works with browsers. It's standard operating protocol. That Dynasoft script runs serverside, thus it simply acts like a mirror, reflecting back to you your own information. The info it is showing you is also available to the website operator. That is how forums can ban individuals based on their IP, and it is also useful to website operators in determining your browser type so that the web page you view can be displayed properly on any given browser. I run several websites and all of the sites log that very same data so that we can determine how to better present our content to our audience and to analyze the demographic of our audience. Nothing fradulent going on here. Just a clever useage of a server side script to convert that information into a graphic and inserting it into the sign. There are numerous free PHP and CGI scripts available which will accomplish that very task provided your hosting company allows you to run CGI or PHP content and they must also have a graphics manipulation module such as ImageMagick or GD installed on the server as well.
Also of note, whenever you send an email from your home PC to anyone, they can open the header information in their mail program and instantly see what IP address the message originated from, unless it was altered or spoofed. Then, doing a "reverse DNS lookup", they can find out your provider's information and in some cases, the locale (based on router information provided in the trace route).

Abbie....

tbone_Ike

Newly Enlightened
I've never seen 'pen spinning' before. Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
This would be kind of cool to be able to do.
I'll have to see if there's any how-to websites on this.
-jeff