Spring is soon here!

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOOOO NOT THE HOT CLASSROOMS AGAIN!!!! My class is one of the classes in the entire building that doesnt have A/C... It just has the fan that pushes hot air around the room, not helping at all.... For those who are grown up now, you are very damn lucky....

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
Go to http://www.time.gov and select your time zone (or any time zone for that matter). You'll see that day and night are almost equal in both hemispheres. I for one am glad that winter's almost over.

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I. I'm enjoying the longer days already, and I can't wait for warmer weather.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want it to warm up to over 50 deg. F. It's Striper fishing season, but it's still to cold here in NJ for them to be biting in the Delaware. Turns out that blood worms are $13 a dozen this year!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif More than a dollar a worm....that's just crazy. O'well. As far as I am concerned there are only a couple things better in life than reeling in a 40"+ Striped bass. They sure are fighters......

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spring..What Spring!
Here in the Central Valley of the Republic of California it went from Winter to Summer over night! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif

taiji

Enlightened
We've been breaking records here in Portland OR and drought is imminent. though i enjoy longer daylights, i will miss the dark days when it is the most fun to play with my lights.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the past winter, the northwest has been dry while California has had all this rain? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Here in New England March is "not" a spring month as witnessed by the 9 inches of snow we got today. The end of the month is usually warmer then the beginning though.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
So the past winter, the northwest has been dry while California has had all this rain? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...california's getting all of our rain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm not very happy about the fact that all the lakes will be really low this summer, but I'm LOVING this weather! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
What spring? The rain stopped several days ago, and it's 89F out there on the patio.

On the plus side though, no mans land dried out enough to be mowed!

I'm only teasing about the temp. The 100+ days will be along all too soon!

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
No spring yet where I am, it just came 13 inches of snow in the last 24 hours.
I just hope there will not be too many of those 50F days this summer.

Sigbjoern

*Retired*
I spend alot of time in the mountains around here, and in most places, the rivers and streams are down to August levels, the folks down in the valley should start seeing it shortly. Some streams that I've never seen dry before, in August or September are completely bone dry. Many areas I can't typically get to until June, due to snow, I've had access to for a month now.

With the environmental "protection", there are lots of areas that have alot of brush, fallen trees, and generally unhealthy trees. Coupled with the logging companies being forced to rip out access roads to allow everything to turn back to mother nature, this combination of "events" should prove interesting over the course of the summer.

I wonder how many millions of board feet will go up in smoke, as well as even more forest critters that perish in the wildfires.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
NewBie, while I have no love for logging companies and clear cutting and whatnot, if we don't find a way to manage the forests, mother nature will do it for us, and historically she just doesn't care if your house or family are in the way when she does it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Be nice to find a workable half way point where a certain amount of logging was coupled with the responsibility of cleaning up as well. But then, I really don't know how it works now, only that letting it all go back to nature and tearing out access and fire roads is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

I like winter around here, it's WAY too hot in the summer time. I've actually got 2 guys working in my attic right now to put in a new hot air return (in Chicago we used to call them cold air returns, but thats not what they are all about in this god forsaken climate here in the deep south /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) in my sons room. trying to make the AC actually go in there this summer...

But the week or so of spring between sweater weather and you can't even go outside weather here is beautiful. I'm looking at some trees out my window right now that are just starting to flower. I'll take a picture of them in a few days.

now I need to plant something to take the place of the beautiful bay trees that I lost last year along with everyone else on this island to some strange disease. There is not a single bay tree left alive here and so I've got a couple of really good views through into my neighbors houses...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We had us an Honest-to-Goodness Gully Washer here yesterday evening and night. I thought sure we were gonna have a power out.

Anyhow, our pond is up a couple inches, No-Mans land is such once again, and almost anywhere we walk out of the established area is squishy as all get out.

My neighbor across the street was out on his John Deer riding mower just going to town.

Is there NO justice?

I was walking around the property with my Marlin 25 Bolt Action .22 using trees as rests... I would have sworn I heard a snake slithering but never saw one... and I don't much cater to snakes!

Perhaps my 870 with the 18" tube and some bird shot would be of more use in any case!

Just another fun day in Shepherd!!!

But it's back to the grind in 10.5 hours.... boo hoo!