• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

3.6v 600mAh cr2 on a TWOJ

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if it is safe to use a 3.6v 600mAh cr2 li-ion on a ng400 and/or 500 on a TWOJ lux III.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. It sure is expensive.

Back to your question. Using it with a TWOJ would most likely make the light direct drive. For the NG to work, the batteries voltage should be lower than the lux's vf so it won't start working until the battery is almost depleted. If you plan to use it exclusively with Li-ion, the wiz2 would be the way to go.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
so for the ng on the TWOJ I'd need a cr2 under 3.5v or even under 3.2v to be sure?

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK, the light won't be in regulation at all since the ng is a boost converter so there would be nothing to boost. Fully charged li-ions always come off the charger at 3.6-3.7 volts so if you want it to be below that, it won't be fully charged. Could even be as low as half-charged.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
if you follow the link printed in the battery, you end in this link weird thing is that the manufacturer declares 350mA...

Any idea on why ?

Pablo

[/ QUOTE ]

Pablo,

It's probably a typo that was supposed to refer to the RCR123. I guess that info's busted. Good thing you noticed.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Well spotted Pablo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif well that kind of answers my question.... read the small print and check the manufacturers specs first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif