Battery tube Adapter for Nuwai Q-3

Tritium

Enlightened
Does anyone make a BT adapter to increase the length of a Nuwai Q-3 to fit a Panasonic CGR17670HC Lithium Ion? It is the length of 2 CR123's. I also want to use the orginal clickie that comes with the light. I have several of these cells from old laptop batteries. I am planning to build a single cell charger using a design based on djpark's work with the LTC4054 chip. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=660602&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1
I wasn't sure where to post this query since it spans several forum topics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tritium,

The problem isn't so much making the extension as it is getting it anodized. Getting one piece anodized will be expensive.

The cost of the tube wouldn't be cheap either. You'd be talking about a one off part that would need to be made by hand on a lathe. You might be able to find someone on CPF that might work for $20 an hour or so. If so, then you might be able to get one made for $40 or so. I charge $40 an hour.

I don't think that what you are asking for is being made in any sort of quantity, so a custom commission would be in order.

Tritium

Enlightened
Tony,

I was afraid that would be the case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anodizing is not an issue. I can do type II since it is not a difficult process as is type III. I don't have a lathe "yet" but I am trying to get a combo machine from Sieg direct. I guess I will wait awhile to see what pans out. Thanks for your input.

NetMage

Enlightened
I trashed my TM-301X-3 trying it with two R123 cells (resistor solder failed).

So before I had time to fix it, I put my second Q3 module (SX1L - thanks third_shift) and tail switch on the body.

It worked fine on 3 CR123 primary cells, but burned purple (and I shut it down) on the 2 R123 cells.

The module dropped right into the body and the tail fits fine.

The two stage tail switch doesn't work on low - too much resistance, so I just used the Q3 tail switch.

Haven't had a chance to measure current yet.

BTW, got it on eBay.