Arc LS vs CMG Reactor

LLLean

Enlightened
I'm very curious how the Arc LS beam compares with the CMG Reactor (Reactor 3)? Does the Reactor really throw up to 75" as claimed?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given that the Reactor is shaped much like a WWII vintage german hand grenade, I'd wager that I could throw one well past the claimed 75 feet.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
grin.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Slick:
Given that the Reactor is shaped much like a WWII vintage german hand grenade, I'd wager that I could throw one well past the claimed 75 feet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LMAO!!!
yellowlaugh.gif
yellowlaugh.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
grin.gif

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
The Arc LSL produces a whiter beam than the CMG Reactor and the CMG Reactor 3. The Reactor 3 is brighter than the Reactor. The Reactor 3 and the Arc LSL are about the same brightness and have the same throw. Both the Reactor 3 and the Arc LSL shine across my basement. The Arc LSL makes a better pocket light because it is 3.25" long versus the the Reactor 3 which is 8.0" long.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

==================

Anywho...

Arc LS beam will generally be better than the CMG Reactor. Reason? Arc does a much better job sorting out their LSs, and thus, you get generally brighter, cleaner, more even, and more whiter beams than you would get from a Reactor.

There are the occasional times though, and very occasional, at that, where you'd get a perfect Reactor, with a nice, white, textureless beam that's just as bright, if not more than an Arc. But those are rare. And the worst thing about the CMG is that the LSs are hit and misses. Sometimes you get a great one that lights up your room. Other times, you wish that it would self destruct... Plus, lithiums are a necessity if you want the Reactor to be anywhere as bright as an LS is supposed to be; something the Arc doesn't need, but can take for longer runtime. With plastic versus HA III and the hit/miss game of the Reactor, sometimes, you'll just want to throw it like a grenade...
yellowlaugh.gif

I couldn't readily find a link to a beamshot comparison, but if you really really want some screenshots, I can post them later on...

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kraut is the not so nice name used to refer to World War 2 Nazis. The old fashioned potato masher looks very much like the Nazi Germany hand grenade. Hence the nickname it got.

The American hand grenade got the nickname "Pineapple" due to the way the body is made.

End of history lesson.

FalconFX is correct, except that the Reactor 3 cannot use Lithium AAs. Whereas the Reactor (2AA) requires lithiums to get decent light from it.

Arc Flashlight sorts the LSes. This among other things, drives the price up. The Arc LS is a top of the line LS flashlight.

CMG's products are more mass market, while Arc's are for the, uh, gourmet of flashlights.

Latest posts