Help with Asp Sapphire

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed it in a pocket I normally don't use in my briefcase and when closed it applied pressure on the button. So now it is REALLY dim.
frown.gif
Can I change the battery myself or do I need to send it back as reccommended? Anyone ever send it back before? How long does it take? Also can't find the paperwork, anyone got a website/address/# for reaching these people?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read a review on these. You have to send it back & I think they want $3. This sounds like a pain in the butt, but their warrenty is unconditional. Craig had a review on it & changed his own batteries. He doesn't recomend it & it does void your lifetime, unconditional warrenty. TX

sunglob

Newly Enlightened
http://www.sapphirelight.com/ is the website. The Sapphire and Aspen are unconditionally guaranteed (is there such a thing?)

The Aspen Elite looks the same but has a replaceable battery - and it has Constant-on, (without using a briefcase)
wink.gif
, Flashing Strobe, and SOS modes.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Aspen battery pac looks like it may be something you have to buy from the mfgt. TX

sunglob

Newly Enlightened
I've just prised apart the battery pack on my Aspen Elite. Although I think they expect you to buy a new pack, it is easy to fit 2 new CR2016s - and probably a lot cheaper.
smile.gif
And unlike most of my experiments, the light still works!

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by sunglob:
http://www.sapphirelight.com/ is the website. The Sapphire and Aspen are unconditionally guaranteed (is there such a thing?)

The Aspen Elite looks the same but has a replaceable battery - and it has Constant-on, (without using a briefcase)
wink.gif
, Flashing Strobe, and SOS modes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, shot them an email couple of days ago and no reply. heck, for the price I'm thinking of just getting a blue photon instead. Then I can gut this baby and build something with it!

sunglob

Newly Enlightened
I've got an Aspen Elite and several Photon IIIs, and I would say the Photon range can't be beat for a small light. They also answer their email pretty quickly.
smile.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by sunglob:
I've got an Aspen Elite and several Photon IIIs, and I would say the Photon range can't be beat for a small light. They also answer their email pretty quickly.
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well I feel the need growing within. It'll hit one night and I'll be gutting the Asp and breaking out the soldering iron.
wink.gif