some the beast beamshots and comparison pics

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hadn't seen Beast beamshots outside at night before.
HOLY COW. That's ridiculous! Instant Daylight!

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheQase

Newly Enlightened
Im not really impressed to be honest with you. I am impressed more by the x995 than i am the beast.

*runs and hides*

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know...I personally prefer the beam of a Mag 2D much better... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Where is JS when you need someone to make a regulated rechargable power pack for the most hungry handheld light on the market? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, what can I say........beautiful.

Look at dem batteries waiting to be loaded into the light.. that is my ENTIRE Surefire stash of CR123s (minus six). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I was just doing a little thinking the other day about the Beast's power configuration. It's been said amongst these halls that the Beast can run on ONE stack of five cells - for 20 minutes. That means there are 4 parallel stacks of batteries, each with a peak of 15V. Voltage sag would bring them down to approx. 12V, and given that the Beast is supposedly a Philips D2S 35W, that'd be bludgeoning the cells for around 2.9-3 amps on one stack. I suppose you could do it if you were desperate. Their HOLAs also do that anyway.

Across four stacks, that'd be a very much more relaxed 0.73A per stack, which would enable 90 minutes.

So realistically, you would need a series + parallel configuration, capable of supplying 12V 3A. The M6-R pack is based on 2/3A NiMH high rate 1100mAH cells, let's see.. two stacks of 10 cells would fit physically and deliver 12V per stack. Paralleled, that would be 2200mAH. (2.2AH/3)*60 = 44 minutes.

Then again I suppose as one of the priviledged few, you could probably drop PK a line and ask when is the OFFICIAL conversion kit coming out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif