BadBoy vs Inova X5T For & Against?

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
I thought about ordering the BadBoy 500, but then thought that with its cost i could get the Inova.

I'm green to the subject so please help me decide
grin.gif

I know BB is working on AA's as the other on 123's. I intended to use the BB with a mini Mag.

Thanks.

P.s.

To complete the pic i have ordered SF M2 & waiting for KL3 HA finish to get into stock.

Entropy

Enlightened
The Inova has 5 5mm LEDs, right?

One Luxeon Star is the equivalent of 10-20 5mms. Plus, since it's a single light source, you have many more options as far as optics. (NX05 collimator vs. McFlood is currently the big question, most people seem to prefer the McFlood, it gives a VERY smooth flood beam with a sharply defined edge.)

Of course, as dat2zip suggests: Get both!

BTW, dat2zip - Might be ordering another BB500 from you soon, to try doing one of those "underdriven 5W running at 2-3W" mods. Assuming that I can find a good 3AA donor...

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
For performance, get the Badboy.
For looks, get the Inova.

Really, that's what it sounds like it comes down to. Two years ago the Inova's size and output was really leading. Now, you have lights based on luxeon star LEDs that are brighter and have a more useful beam (IMO) -- plus, lights like the Badboy, Arc LS, and SF KL1 are regulated, so although you get less runtime, all the runtime is useful.

BTW, I'm not putting down anyone picking up the Inova because it looks cool. In fact, I feel "it looks cool" is fantastic reason to get one

Joe

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, i won't get them both as i'm broke from just getting SF M2 & 10X, i thought to complete with a good Led :)

I'm convinced i'll get BB500, just now i need an explanation about McFlood, where do i get it?

Entropy

Enlightened
Note: McFlood gives a much smoother beam than the NX05 optics, but it IS much less throw. But most people seem to prefer the McFlood's smooth flood anyway.