can someone recommend a good boating spotlight

toadfish

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I stumbled across this forum while looking for some spotlight reviews. I need a durable, rechargeable, weatherproof (waterproof), spotlight for boating. I would like to be able to use it either corded or without the cord. I'm not terribly concerned with millions of candlepower. Mainly, I want one that is comfortable enough for me to hold and aim while driving my fishing boat at night. Can someone give me some ideas of lights or dealers where I can look at them. Thanks.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
havis shield hid spotlight

I think the hs is water proof

it is corded only - you would need a battery belt

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
"you would need a battery belt"....found here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, the HS is wqaterproof. I was out blinding trees tonight. It's a very nice light.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HS is waterproof, Drop resistant and works for an hour with the Vector baterry. Real nice.
It's new, strong, and not a copy of anything else. Super deal for $200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

toadfish

Newly Enlightened
actually, i already own a Surge... for diving. i was more interested in a spotlight i can use to navigate inlets and river channels at night to get back to the dock. thanks.

Analog

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Streamlight Vulcan, great light, but not very comfortable to hold when seated and stick steering my jonboat. If I bought another spotlight, it would be with a cord to reduce weight in the hand, and have a pistol grip. Ended up putting a 12V driving light from auto supply store on front boat.

Latest posts