More thoughts on my new Infinity

Raven

Enlightened
Yes after having it a couple of days, I now believe it to be the perfect house light. I would probably want my uk4aa for lighting up my attic, but for minor stuff around the house, it's been perfect.

I do have a couple of follow up questions though. The center bright spot on the beam is a bit off center, and not right in the middle of the beam. I also notice that the led is a bit off center inside the light itself. Is this fairly common? I don't think it's that big a deal, but I am curious.

I also know that a lithium aa will extend battery life, but I vaguely remember someone posting that it also slightly increased beam brightness as well. Is this true, and do most Infinity owners use a lithium, because of this?

Thanks

Raven

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never tried alkies im my ultra.

but it is pretty darn bright with the lithium. i think i measured my li bats at 1.7+v. that should result in a bit more light.

my ultra can easily illuminate my house from one end to the other--at least 30 feet--in real darkness. and the beam is nice: mild center hotspot with clean/wide flood.

little thing is bright.

as to the off center thing, im not sure what to do...

take care,
Bob

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The (civilian) CMG Ultra I got also has a slightly off-center hotspot and on close examination the LED is just perceptibly tilted.

Other than aesthetics - I do not see any true practical difference - for example if the non-centered hotspot bothers - tilt the flashlight just a little to center it.....
grin.gif

I would not attempt to pry/force the LED to centralize it - I think the flashlight may have some sealants/fixative for the LED as the Ultra is supposed to be waterproof to 10 feet.

Beamshots here:
CMG Ultra-G vs. Ultra

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put my Ultra in front of me on the table at a meeting the other week. After a little while the president of the company, sitting next to me, asks what it is. I quickly explained about it being an LED flashlight. He tells me a short story about going camping and his friend using an LED headlamp but all he had was a "dim yellow flashlight." Both of our attentions turn back to the meeting.

Sure enough, after just a little while I see him picking it up and playing with it again. I should have just given it to him to earn some brownie points, but hey, no one's taking this baby away from me!
wink.gif

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen posts where adding a lithium helps brighten up a regular Infinity some but the Ultra almost not at all. I've got both and honestly, I see very little difference in either light on lithiums. But I really like'm both!