Human color visual spectrum: Good charts

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Thank you!
smile.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting - the plot that claims to show the spectral sensitivity of the rods is wrong. Rods peak at about 500 nm. The plot they have shows the peak at 550. This is the peak sensitivity of photopic vision (color vision) not scotopic vision (rod vision)...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Quickbeam:
Interesting - the plot that claims to show the spectral sensitivity of the rods is wrong. Rods peak at about 500 nm. The plot they have shows the peak at 550. This is the peak sensitivity of photopic vision (color vision) not scotopic vision (rod vision)...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm always amazed at the knowledge on this board! Did you spot any other errors, and is it worth posting to them about it?

Brightnorm

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm always amazed at the knowledge on this board! Did you spot any other errors, and is it worth posting to them about it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didn't see any thing else glaringly wrong. I sent an e-mail to the address on the page but it bounced - the e-mail on that page is no longer valid. (so, I guess that's 2 things wrong...
grin.gif
)

I just found the "contact us" section - I'll send it to that address.