Green laser line generator

nitestriper

Newly Enlightened
I paint the lines on parking lots and have been toying with cheap red laser pointers and line generators, now I am on the search for a green laser line generator. Parts would be fine (diode), any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance, Ross.

Empath

Flashaholic
Of course you still have problems when an insurmountable obstacle stands in the way.

roadwork7dk.jpg

Another case of "it's not my job", I guess.

Raccoon

Enlightened
I'm also interested. It would be neat if such a lens could be mounted on a cap that fit the leadlight.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
nitestriper said:
Where would you suggest I find a cylindrical lens?

[/ QUOTE ]
I found one a long time ago in some type of computer peripheral (a printer, more likely than not) that used a long bar filled with yellow-green LEDs. The lens was a long glass rod, which was easily broken into small segments. Those segments, when placed in front of a laser, caused it to generate a line.

I'd imagine that you could acquire a glass laboratory stirring rod, smash it, and pick a piece that's approximately 0.25" to 0.35" long, and there, there's your cylindrical laser line generating lens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nitestriper

Newly Enlightened
I think the best choice for me is to buy a pointer and add a line generating optic. Will a higher power laser pointer (10-20,30mW) fry an Acrylic lens?

Raccoon

Enlightened
No. It will barely warm a black garbage bag let alone a clear one.

noah

Newly Enlightened
Leadlight is producing a green laser line generator. I have a sample - it works pretty well. I think the product will be available this summer sometime.

Raccoon

Enlightened
Does Bigha work pretty closely with leadlight? I wish they'd make a rheostat dial butt cap to adjust brightness of their light. Bigha should too for their Jasper.

I have a professor who complains about the brightness of a 3mW-5mW leadlight. The green is just too bright and dazzling for the class in a dimly lit classroom. A faint green dot has its place but can only be achieved with a dimmer of some sort.

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with line generators. But leadlight accessories would be really nice.

PS. Nice to see you posting again.