E2e+KL1 & ARC LS1 rev. 2 comparison

dirobesh

Enlightened
Received my E2e+KL1 this morning - I'll post comparison shots later but my initial reactions are that the KL1 is noticebly brighter than my ARC. Having said that, the ARC still wins hands down in the "size to brightness ratio" department. And yes, there are 1 or 2 dust particles behind the Kl1 lens too......
icon3.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

dirobesh

Enlightened
I'm sitting in the corner with my dunce's hat on, I've just checked the ARC LS and it's dropped out of regulated mode. I'll redo the comparison.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Even so, the ARC looks great respective to their size. I mean it's 2 123's vs 1 and the ARC is still putting out good light.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But don't forget that the KL1 on the E2e runs for twice as long as the ARC LS 123.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I would think that a better compairison would be the ARC LS against a E1/KL-1. Six volts against three volts doesn't seem fair.
smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an aside... were both sets of batteries brand new? what brand were they?

howard@mbox

dirobesh

Enlightened
The E2e lithiums were the surefire ones that came in the box, dated 2012 and the ARC LS was a duracell ultra, also dated 2012. The duracell voltage was 3.16 - not brand new but am I right in thinking that this shouldn't adversly affect the output of the ARC as it's running in "regulated" mode?

dirobesh

Enlightened
I don't think there's much difference to the output of the KL1 on 3 or 6 volts, just double the regulated run time. Since the ARC is also regulated, if it had a 2 lithium tail-piece like the KL1+E2e, it would be very similar to the KL1 in output and run time.