• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

good price?

joshwang

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post here, i'm hoping to get in to all this modding business. correct me if i am at the wrong forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Found this deal, tell me if it's good or not will ya?
LXHL-LW6C White Luxeon V Portable Star - Lambertian 32USD
LXHL-LW3C White Luxeon III Star - Lambertian 15USD
LXHL-MW1D White Luxeon Star - Lambertian 8USD
Now all i need is a body to fit these babies in, got any ideas? Thanks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really say if your prices are good without knowing the flux, tint, and forward voltage bins of your stars. Those have enormous influence on the value amongst the cognoscenti.

jaids

Enlightened
the luxV price is good, especially for having a bin code.
Edit(assuming V binned flux, and availability)
I dont use one watts, but $8 is not bad at all.
Edit(for a Q or R flux bin and H Vf bin)

For luxIII I would buy the TV1J for $15.30. I have seven or more of them(its easy to lose track) and they are all very well binned imho.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a general matter, I've noticed that the going rates are as follows:

For a V or W bin Lux V with a nice tint and a Vf of T, $35 wouldn't be out of line.

For a Lux III like a TWOJ, TXOJ, or TYOJ $15 would be a good price with the norm being in the $17 or $18 range.

For a 1W lux, I'd say that $11 would be a good price.

Just keep in mind that the prices I listed above are for known bins that are sought after because they are generally known to possess desireable characteristics. I'd rather pay $16 for a Lux III and have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting, than a lower price and not have any idea of what I'm getting.