Best true UV

Cyn J

Newly Enlightened
Which are the best true UV flashlights out there? Just got into some interesting stuff & need some advice on this, preferably lights using AA or other standard battery. Where can Inretech UV's be found? Didn't see them on the home site.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a nice 395nm flashlight for a while, but the problem is the batteries; we had a special battery pack made for the 2AA M*G flashlight, but it was too thick for the case and wouldn't allow the switch to work properly

We have a 16 LED adapter prototype for the 3D flashlight and if there is enough interest, we would produce it

What exactly are you looking for ?
We would be glad to make something for you

Cyn J

Newly Enlightened
To be honest I'm not a true flashaholic,so not real up on conversions ect. Can follow a schematic with decent instructions on automotive type wiring so might be able to figure it out??? Realy all I want is a good fairly powerfull true UV flashlight that uses standard batteries. Would prefer smaller size too for portability and weight. LED seems the way to go as far as instant on and run time. I paint windows and have just recently started incorporating uv responsive elements in some applications. Need to be able to spot check areas being worked on without moving lights or objects back and forth in the process. Would also be handy for assessing pigments and materials. Have a small collection of M*G lights and just love the 2AA and had the same problem with rechargeable batteries, these stuck in the casing too, almost didn't come out. Any way, this is what I'm trying to find, or something along those lines.

LoneRebel

Enlightened
CynJ:I used to like the 2aa M*G lights until I found the brinkman legend 2aa. Now my aa maglites just collect dust. The legend is really nice looking and has a nice clickie on/off switch and costs a whopping 7.99. I dont have problems with rechargables sticking in mine.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you like a high power UV flashlight in the 3D case ?

I could send you the prototype and let you play with it

SurefireM6

Enlightened
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2153580335&category=3223
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3001075407&category=294
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
I would love to put the high-powered prototype to the test of finding cat urine in my home. Going to be selling soon and would be nice to eliminate the problem before people start looking.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not recieved email from the first person, so first come - first serve

There seems to be some interest in a high power UV adapter; so InReTECH is going to make one for the 3D flashlight; expected cost $50

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several people have written asking to borrow/test/play with the BlackLight/UV Adapter - I don't want to disapoint any of you - but I just have the one and I would like to send it to whoever could best make use of it

If you checkout the website, we are now going to offer a highpower UV/Blacklight adapter for the 3D

Mutie

Enlightened
I'm definitely interested. Not only do I have 3 Mag 3D's that I inherited that have been begging to be modded but my band makes extensive use of UV in our shows.

One note on UV LED's and standard UV fixtures. They put out different wavelengths and have different reactions. Stuff that glows well with a UV LED may barely glow with a standard blacklight and vice versa. In daylight especially if you are using a UV LED to check if something glows you may not be able to see it and it could totally pop with a standard fixture. So a grain or two of salt should be considered in your accessment.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our product would be 395nm, I know that is different from the normal 365nm FL tubes

We could populate the board with other types of LEDs as well

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people posted that they were having good results with the "Deep Blue" Luxeon (420nm) exciting some Phosphors; but I like the 395nm much better - it gives less visible light

Makes things in your house give an weird-glow

If you are looking for some speciality BlackLight ink/dye, I would suggest you contact my good friend Leo

http://www.paintspecialtieslaboratory.com/

This guy is GREAT, you talk to him - and he will custom design an ink/dye for your needs; I am going to be selling some of his Invisible/Deep-Blue pens soon on my webpage

Mutie

Enlightened
The 395's work for me. I was mostly noting the difference for those that weren't aware that the UV blacklight from LED's can be different. Which I wasn't aware of myself until I saw stuff glow differently under the 2 types.